5/13/11

Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep

Kristan Clever: Squat 275, Press 118, Deadlift 335. Total 728lbs
Post total to comments.

Compare to 11/1/10

May “Cool” Board

***Make some goals for yourself for May
–  Kylie – 1st Kipping Pull Up EVER!!!
–  Mitch – Complete 30 MU’s For Time (42 min.)
–  Lance – 1st Rx’d Overhead Squat Workout (“Jeremy”)
–  Jaime – 2 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Mike – 5 Consecutive Kipping Pull Ups
-  Jaime –
Complete 30 MU’s For Time (33:02)
-  Lance – Complete 30 MU’s For Time
(28:23)
-  Ash – 4 Consecutive Muscle Ups

30 Responses to 5/13/11

EXTREMELY inappropriate……….but one of the funniest things I have ever seen

hahaha! anyone know what movie that Tarantino clip is from?

Make up of Wednesday’s WOD Rx’d-29:34

OHS were going well (for me) until the 4th round. I am quite positive I did about as many clean and jerks as I did OHS. The OHS Gods had no mercy on me today.

Crossfit Total = 835# (PR by 65#)

Back Squat – 325# (PR by 10#)
    Press – 140# (PR by 5#)
    Deadlift – 370# (PR by 5#)

Not a bad day.

Great job Ash on your PRs as well. It was a fun morning.

Crossfit Total = 725

Back Squat – 275 (PR by 25#)
    Press – 125
    Deadlift – 325 (PR by 5#)

Crossfit Total = 870#

Back Squat – 300# (PR)
    Strict Shoulder Press – 155#
    Deadlift – 415# (PR)

Thanks for the push Adam – great job today on all your PR’s.

I’d like to set a LONG term goal from a 1000# total

Wednesday’s wod rx’d – 17:41 … 6th day in a row working out and didn’t have much push

Good job to John this morning on his FIRST MUSCLE UP!!! Woohoo!

Wednesday’s WOD as R’xd – 15:24
    My shoulders and hands were definitely not as happy about me doing 30 MUs yesterday as I was, and this wod did not go easy on my shoulders or hands, that’s for sure 🙁 I did squat snatch my first OHS up each time, so I at least felt good about that.

Way to stick with the 135# OHS the whole time, Justin. And what a fun morning with all the PRs!

9. Tara says:

Crossfit Total = 500lbs
    Back Squat- 165# (PR by 10#)
    Shoulder Press – 80# (PR by 5#)
    Deadlift – 255# (PR by 25# I think)

Then…
    21-15-9 WOD of Box Jump (24″), Snatch (65#), C2B: 9:11 RX’d
    Ended up doing 19 Box Jumps before I remembered I was supposed to do 15 but I figure it probably made up for some that I didn’t open my hips on at the top.

Wed’s WOD Rx’d – 16:20

I completed my first month of Crossfit today with this WOD. I can already see a lot of improvements and only wish I’d started Crossfit sooner. Thanks to everyone at Crossfit 515 for all the help, support, and motivation.

• Jeremy Yoder says:

You did great today Billy! Everything was RX and most sets were unbroken….you were kickin ass and takin names! Nice WOD!!! – Yoder

• Bobby says:

Billy you are an incredible athlete and already a freak! I can’t wait to see the things you will be capable of after a little bit more CrossFit experience! Keep kick’in A**

11. Ben says:

two wod’s today
    1. 20 min AMRAP of run a 400 then 7 muscle ups – 4 rds + 2 mu’s

2. 8 rds of 30 double unders + 10 (2 pood) kb swings – 11:46

12. John Jackovin says:

Hey thanks J&L! Next time I will do 3 in a row. We will get that on video.

I almost hit 1000lbs today. 315 squat. 205 press. And 455 deadlift.

Haven’t heavy squatted in years. I should be able to get 225 press, not sure why I couldnt get that today and a goal of 500 on deadlift soon.

13. Jeremy Yoder says:

Double…
    AM – Crossfit Total – 770lbs (120 lb PR from when I started)
    Deadlift PR at 335 by 20 lbs
    Noon – 2 min challenge – Turkish Get Ups – 22 reps (PR by 6 reps)

14. Bart says:

5 Rounds
    10 Squat Snatch – 95lbs
    15 box jump – 24″
    10 Sumo Deadlift High Pull – 95lbs
    30 Double Unders
    18:16

Holy squat snatch and box jumps. I really need to work on my squat snatch so looked like a good opportunity. The box jumps directly following was just a kick in the nuts. Good workout though! LOL.

15. John Jackovin says:

Testing the Gravatar…

8 Rounds For Time:
    30 Double Unders
    10 KB Swings (2 pood)

Time – 6:05

17. Lance says:

CF total 1185. 405 squat, 195 press, 585 dead.
    Thanks for the encouragement tonight everyone,
    and thanks for letting me in on the team practice…fun stuff.

• Jaime says:

Awesome Lance! Still didn’t pass my CFT w your DL thou so I’m good, haha 😉 And thank U for sticking around to do the team WODs…SO much fun!!

• John Jackovin says:

I just met ya, but that is amazing. I know where, or better yet who, I should set my sights on!

18. Jeremy Yoder says:

You Sir are a BEAST!!!!!

Bobby, congratulations on being done w school FOREVER!! And on your 35# PR on back squat!!!! Which are u more excited about??? 🙂

20. John Jackovin says:

Failing on muscle ups has mad my forearm/elbow/bicep hurt like 100 straight reps of curls. Wow!

CrossFit Total = 955 (PR by 100#)

Back Squat – 335 (PR by 55#)
    Press – 165 (tied old PR, but shoulders were crazy sore)
    Deadlift – 455 (PR by 15#)

CFT = 500
    Back Squat – 160 (PR by 10#)
    Press – 75 (tied old PR)
    Deadlift – 265 (PR by 15#)

23. Pingback: 8/29/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa