4/29/11

Moore

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
15 ft Rope Climb, 1 ascent (5 Progressions) (3 Progressions)
Run 400 meters
Max rep Handstand push-up (No Kipping) (Ab-Mat Under Head) (Feet on Box)

Post number of handstand push-ups completed for each round to comments.

April “COOL” Board

–  Melanie – 45 Pull Ups without a Band!!!
–  Max – 500m Row in 3:18
–  Max – Deadlift 45#
–  Jeremy – 1st Strict Handstand Push Ups
–  Jaime – Rainbow Deadlift 295# (then did 300#)
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 3 Squares (12 feet)
–  Adam S. – Deadlift 365# (30# PR)
–  Todd F. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Adam P. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Heather – Squat Clean 110#
–  Jaime – 5 Strict HSPUs (did 6)
–  Kylie – 1st Handstand & HSPU (2 abmats)
–  Teresa – 1st Ring Dip
–  Adam S. – Strict Handstand Push Up (1 Ab-Mat)
–  Kylie – 1st Double Under
–  Jim – WODing Without a Shirt!
–  Shelley – Rope Climb……..Again
–  Lindsay – Strict Muscle Up
–  Adam P. – Rope Muscle Up
–  Billy – 1st Muscle Up Ever!
–  Janet – 1st Pull Up with NO BAND!!!
–  Bob – WODing WITHOUT HIS SHIRT ON!
–  Shelley – 1st Chest-to-Bar Pull Up
–  Teresa – 1st Chest-to-Bar Pull Up
–  Teresa – 1st Ever Rope Climb!
–  Jaime – Sub 6 Minute Mile

–  Rodney – Sub 7 Minute Mile, then 20# Deadlift PR
–  Janet – 1st Ever Rope Climb

14 Responses to 4/29/11

1. Jodi says:

Just wanted to let everyone know the Groupon today is for 55% off at Climb Iowa.

Moore as Rx’d – 17-11-1-10-8-7-5 = 59
    Ya that’s a one……. ARrrrrrrr

Moore as Rx’d – 10-10-11-8-8-7 = 54

Open WOD 11.6 – 79 reps…18 reps worse than last time 🙁 C2B pullups were just not good today, my timing was off and I kept missing. I guess it did make me feel better about my first score.

So I’m officially done with the Open WODs now too. I just wanted to echo a lot of what Bobby said yesterday. The last several weeks have been such a fun experience for me- to do these WODs with not only the people that signed up to compete, but also everyone else at the gym that joined in every Wednesday. Thank you all for your participation and especially your encouragement to one another! One of the reasons (among many) that I am in love with CrossFit, is it’s ability to show someone’s true character. Just as Bobby said, I think what you do when things get hard in a workout says so much about who you are as an athlete, but also who you are as a person. And there are some amazing athletes and even more amazing people at CrossFit 515!!! It truly does make it easy for me to jump out of bed every morning, excited, because I get to come hang out with, train, and workout with the people there. Keep up the amazing and inspirational work, everyone. I feel blessed to be a part of it.
    Finally to Bobby: I know I don’t speak for just myself when I say, every day I look you to imitate, not only in your workouts and super-human abilities, but also your attitude, determination, and passion. So thanks for doing such an amazing job of leading by example.

• Jaime says:

Oh yea, I also did “Moore” as Rxd – 3-2-2-2-2-2-2 = 15
      A lot of running and climbing for 2 HSPUs, but before I started I said I’d be happy with anything more than 1 per round, so I am 🙂

5. Brian says:

Isabel – RX – 4:10 (PR by 2:36!!!) What a way to start a weekend!!!

Moore as RX’d – 10-3-12-9-8-8-7 =57

It took me a couple rounds of falling off the wall to figure out how far back I needed to put my hands!

7. Ben says:

“Moore” rx’d – 15, 11, 9, 10, 7 (fell off the wall), 9 = 61.

They just officially announced that regionals workouts start Friday morning