4/28/11

Make Up/Challenge/Skill DAY

Check out this video of Lindsay trying to show off at work over her lunch break yesterday!

April “COOL” Board

–  Melanie – 45 Pull Ups without a Band!!!
–  Max – 500m Row in 3:18
–  Max – Deadlift 45#
–  Jeremy – 1st Strict Handstand Push Ups
–  Jaime – Rainbow Deadlift 295# (then did 300#)
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 3 Squares (12 feet)
–  Adam S. – Deadlift 365# (30# PR)
–  Todd F. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Adam P. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Heather – Squat Clean 110#
–  Jaime – 5 Strict HSPUs (did 6)
–  Kylie – 1st Handstand & HSPU (2 abmats)
–  Teresa – 1st Ring Dip
–  Adam S. – Strict Handstand Push Up (1 Ab-Mat)
–  Kylie – 1st Double Under
–  Jim – WODing Without a Shirt!
–  Shelley – Rope Climb……..Again
–  Lindsay – Strict Muscle Up
–  Adam P. – Rope Muscle Up
–  Billy – 1st Muscle Up Ever!
–  Janet – 1st Pull Up with NO BAND!!!
–  Bob – WODing WITHOUT HIS SHIRT ON!
–  Shelley – 1st Chest-to-Bar Pull Up
–  Teresa – 1st Chest-to-Bar Pull Up
–  Teresa – 1st Ever Rope Climb!

–  Jaime – Sub 6 Minute Mile

15 Responses to 4/28/11

I have to respect you for not giving up at least!

• Lindsay says:

Thanks, Bobby. Didn’t know you were there with a camera, and I totally would have gotten it on the second try!

2. Tara says:

Probably should not be laughing at the video clip, could be me someday, but was laughing out loud!

11.6 – 91 reps (2 reps better than last time)

Think I’m ready to be done with the open workouts and get going on team practices!!!

11.6 – 94 Reps – This went a lot better than I had expected. In a sick way I kind of want to give Fran another ride in the near future.

Sectionals have been a blast but kind of excited to get back to a “regular” training routine. Good work from everybody that participated, everybody has really been impressive!

• Laura says:

Sectionals was fun to particant in while definately a humbling experience highlighting what I need to work on too! I know what I need to work on for those “Skills/Make Up” days.

Good luck Team 515 and Bobby next month in Chitown! It’ll be exciting to see you guys representing us!!

“Beast 12” chipper WOD = 17:58

I suck at Knees to Elbows…something for me to improve on.

I’m off on vacation for a few days, so good luck to everyone doing the Jesus WOD. It is a great workout and experience. It really makes a 7 minute AMRAP look like peanuts.

6. Jeremy Yoder says:

11.6 – 77 Reps – Cant wait to watch team 515 hold our own at Navy Pier!!!! It was fun having everyone compete in the qualifier WOD’s I was happy to have just finished all of them RX…:)

7. Jodi says:

My goal for next year – be a contributing member of team 515! I have a lot to work on! 🙂

8. Ben says:

11.6 sectional WOD rx’d – 96 reps. May have to give it another try. I’d like to get to 100. It’s a nice round number. 🙂

Just want to say thank you for all of the members that participated in this years Open Qualifier, as well as a big thank you to the rest of the gym for supporting everyone that has been participating. I think that everyone has found a way to push themselves even just a little bit more throughout these 6 workouts, and many people have gotten passed barriers that they would not have overcome had it not been asked of them, at least not as quickly as they did. In my mind that is one of true definitions of a real athlete. Being able to step up to the stage (when it really matters) and perform the task that is asked of them. This is also a reason that I love CrossFit. CrossFit asks us to do things we are not comfortable with every day. I have said it many times before, but CrossFit really never gets any easier. Yes, you will get A LOT better at it, and A LOT fitter, but it never gets any easier. Each and every workout you are going to hit that wall, sometimes you will hit it a lot harder than others, and as you get better you push that wall farther and farther back, but everyone hits that wall. The true test is what you do when you hit that wall? Do you shy away from it? Or do you put on your hard hat and attack it until your body forces you to stop? I have always seen these workouts in CrossFit as almost a “Character Pressure Cooker.” There is no better way to find out what type of person someone is then to watch them walk back to that bar for their set of 9 Thrusters on Fran. It is not fun, for anyone, but CrossFitters do not run when things get hard. It has nothing to do with physical ability, and people that think it does are simply making excuses. I don’t care how fast my time is, how high my score is, how I compare to anyone, all I really care about is what I did when I hit that wall, and if I felt I could have pushed harder I am pissed at no one but myself, and if I gave it all I had than nothing else really matters, plain and simple. I trust the programming to increase my physical abilities all around, and it is my only job to put in the effort each and every time. I watch all of the athletes at CrossFit 515 every day and I know I have finally found where I belong, what I belong doing. Every person has that personality type deep inside of them, and it is contagious, magnetic, and a true inspiration to watch and be a part of!

I have been proud to be a part of the camaraderie these last “7 weeks” as well as these last 8 months, and I know the 515 team will represent the entire gym VERY well at regionals!

• Lindsay says:

Beautiful words, brother. However, I can’t help noticing you posted this at 6:31 pm last night when, I believe, you were in class. Do you feel this was an appropriate use of class time?

Well said Bobby!