4/22/11

Row 2K

Scott Amory 6:23.9. Post time to comments.

OR Bobby’s Mystery WOD ?????

EVERYONE CHECK OUT THIS PICTURE I TOOK OF ADAM P. YESTERDAY

April “COOL” Board

–  Melanie – 45 Pull Ups without a Band!!!
–  Max – 500m Row in 3:18
–  Max – Deadlift 45#
–  Jeremy – 1st Strict Handstand Push Ups
–  Jaime – Rainbow Deadlift 295# (then did 300#)
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 3 Squares (12 feet)
–  Adam S. – Deadlift 365# (30# PR)
–  Todd F. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Adam P. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Heather – Squat Clean 110#
–  Jaime – 5 Strict HSPUs (did 6)
–  Kylie – 1st Handstand & HSPU (2 abmats)
–  Teresa – 1st Ring Dip
–  Adam S. – Strict Handstand Push Up (1 Ab-Mat)
–  Kylie – 1st Double Under
–  Jim – WODing Without a Shirt!
–  Shelley – Rope Climb……..Again
–  Lindsay – Strict Muscle Up
–  Adam P. – Rope Muscle Up
–  Billy – 1st Muscle Up Ever!
–  Janet – 1st Pull Up with NO BAND!!!
–  Bob – WODing WITHOUT HIS SHIRT ON!

12 Responses to 4/22/11

1. Adam P says:

That’s awesome! He probably still stays
    busy….

GRAND BLUE MILE INFO!!!!
    I know people have been asking about this, so I apologize for it being kinda last minute.
    For anyone interested in running in the Grand Blue Mile, I just heard that today is the last day to sign up online!!!
    Go to: http://www.grandbluemile.com/register/
    The race is 1 mile, downtown (on Grand finishing in front of the new Hallmark building). This next Tuesday evening, April 26. Women’s race is at 6:30pm and Men’s is at 6:45pm. The entry fee is $25 + 2.52 for processing, so $27.52 total. Last year we got t-shirts and a pretty nice drawstring bag too.
    Everyone that signs up should sign up in the competitive divisions, of course, and enter “CrossFit 515” in the blank space for write-in corporate affiliation. It only takes a couple mins to sign up.
    Packet pickup is Monday, and since I work downtown, I would be more than happy to pick up anyone’s packet for them so no one needs to make a special trip. Also, we will have no CrossFit night 5:45 class next Tuesday.
    Bobby and I did this race last year and it was lots of fun! Hope to have some people join us this year 🙂

• Tara says:

Hi,
      So as members of CF515 gym we’re able to form a ‘corporate affiliate’ team and be part of the corporate challenge? IF I sign up (I’m not a fan of running in the rain so am still in limbo), I had planned on signing up to run with Principal but if we’re allowed to be part of CF515 team, I’ll do that.
      Thanks!

• Jaime says:

Hey Tara, I’m actually not positive. See if it will let you select Principal and also enter CrossFit 515 in the write in spot. I definitely don’t want you to miss out on running on the track at the relays as part of the corporate challenge, so make sure you select Principal either way so you are for sure eligible to do that!

First of all that sign is hilarious…

Today I completed the Ultimate Hero WOD, Jesus WOD (The way of the Cross).

14 Rounds for time
    95lbs Barbell
    10 Deadlifts
    10 Squat cleans
    10 Push Press

50 ft of Walking Lunges with barbell on back. Walk back to start
    point. At no point does the barbell touch the ground until after rounds 3 7 and 9.
    After Round Three Seven and Nine 7 Turkish Get Ups 1.5 Pood (seven is the number of completion)
    The WOD represents 14 stations of the Cross with the three time Jesus fell to the ground.

I finished in 90:46. I was able to do the Rx’d weight @ 95#, but had to set the bar down during the WOD.

Bobby’s Mystery WOD as R’xd – 14:19 …I know exactly where I could do better next time, but I won’t ruin the “mystery” for anyone else yet! And good race, John!!
    Then (and WAY too soon after), 2K Row – 8:04.3
    Wanted to break 8:00 and I know I would have if I were fresh, but I have no intention of getting on the evil rower for this again any time soon, so oh well 🙂

Adam S, good work this morning! Watching you made me excited to do the Jesus WOD next weekend…is that weird?!?!

• Adam S says:

I know I won’t be excited to do that WOD again for another year.

• Jodi says:

Jaime – I totally know what you are talking about! I blame it on taking cough medicine before coming then running around doing a bear crawl. Didn’t do much for the balance. LOL.

2K Row – 6:47.2

6. Jeremy Yoder says:

Sectional WOD 11.5 – RX – 7 Rounds and 10 Wall Balls
    (just 5 Wall Balls short of 8 full rounds!)
    And even though he will surely smoke my effort in the morning….I managed to beat Brian for the first time in 7 1/2 months