4/21/11

“Christine”

3 Rounds For Time:

500m Row

12 Deadlifts (Bodyweight) (2/3 BW) (1/3 BW)

21 Box Jumps (24″) (20″) (12″)

April “COOL” Board

–  Melanie – 45 Pull Ups without a Band!!!
–  Max – 500m Row in 3:18
–  Max – Deadlift 45#
–  Jeremy – 1st Strict Handstand Push Ups
–  Jaime – Rainbow Deadlift 295# (then did 300#)
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 3 Squares (12 feet)
–  Adam S. – Deadlift 365# (30# PR)
–  Todd F. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Adam P. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Heather – Squat Clean 110#
–  Jaime – 5 Strict HSPUs (did 6)
–  Kylie – 1st Handstand & HSPU (2 abmats)
–  Teresa – 1st Ring Dip
–  Adam S. – Strict Handstand Push Up (1 Ab-Mat)
–  Kylie – 1st Double Under
–  Jim – WODing Without a Shirt!
–  Shelley – Rope Climb……..Again
–  Lindsay – Strict Muscle Up
–  Adam P. – Rope Muscle Up
–  Billy – 1st Muscle Up Ever!
–  Janet – 1st Pull Up with NO BAND!!!
–  Bob – WODing WITHOUT HIS SHIRT ON!

16 Responses to 4/21/11

1. Adam P says:

I thought that the day would be rainy and cold again until I saw THE Bobby Noyce at the gym! I asked for him to sign my shirt but he just grunted and walked away from me. I think he’s already getting the hang of being a super star!

Christine as RX’d = 10:08.

• Jasmine says:

Adam- must be a personal problem- he was pretty nice to me this morning- even hung out and counted my last set of 21 box jumps 🙂

• Jaime says:

I think he only likes his girl fans 😉

Just kidding Bobby! You deserve the recognition…and I’m 100% ok with riding the coat-tails of my younger brother and my mom to get my CrossFit stardom, hahaha. And of course, amazing job on 11.5!

• Will says:

That was my favorite part of the video!

“Fans? ha..haha…BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

That’s how it sounded in my head anyway.

• Bobby says:

Porath, just to get back at you for that comment today, I sped both to and from my class at Drake……and laughed the WHOLE TIME hahahaa

Christine, Rx’d: 11:58.

3. Katie says:

Hey kids! Long time, no post 🙂

Good luck to all of those doing Open WOD 11.5 today! And Bobby, the video on the Games site was awesome! Really enjoyed it.

Saw the video link and wanted to share this article from the NY Times on sugar where Lustig is referenced. It’s a lengthy article, but well worth setting aside 20 minutes to read and learn! Lots of the research is circumstantial at this point, but nonetheless fascinating! 🙂

4. Jeremy Yoder says:

Christine RX – 12:58 – DL @ 212lbs

5. Brian says:

Friday there won’t be a 3:00 pm WOD. Sorry no one is available to be at the gym at that time. If you would like to do the Jesus Wod please come to one the regular classes and start as soon as possible. This WOD will take most people a solid hour and a half.

Because we have so many new people want to remind everyone of our weekend hours. Saturday one class 8:30. Please be ready to work out at 8:30. The gym is usually open by 8:00. Please note this is not an Open gym and class usually raps up around 9:30 just like our normal weekday classes! In my opinion this is the best class of the week! Hope to see everyone there!

Sunday: Open Gym starting at 8:30. Please arrive between 8:30 and 9:15 as class ends at 10:00. We’ve had great participation the last few weeks on the weekends. Keep it up!

11.5 – 10 rounds + 5 TTB

Open WOD 11.5 – 10 rounds + 3 cleans (303 reps)

Christine, Rx’d: 9:52.

Open WOD 11.5 – 12 rounds + 6 TTB (371 reps)