4/20/11

Opens WOD 11.5

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 Power cleans (145/100) (95/65) (65/45)
10 Toes to bar (Hanging Knee Raises) (Leg Raises)
15 Wall balls (20# to 10’/14# to 9′)
(14/10) (10/6)

s

April “COOL” Board

–  Melanie – 45 Pull Ups without a Band!!!
–  Max – 500m Row in 3:18
–  Max – Deadlift 45#
–  Jeremy – 1st Strict Handstand Push Ups
–  Jaime – Rainbow Deadlift 295# (then did 300#)
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 3 Squares (12 feet)
–  Adam S. – Deadlift 365# (30# PR)
–  Todd F. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Adam P. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Heather – Squat Clean 110#
–  Jaime – 5 Strict HSPUs (did 6)
–  Kylie – 1st Handstand & HSPU (2 abmats)
–  Teresa – 1st Ring Dip
–  Adam S. – Strict Handstand Push Up (1 Ab-Mat)
–  Kylie – 1st Double Under
–  Jim – WODing Without a Shirt!
–  Shelley – Rope Climb……..Again
–  Lindsay – Strict Muscle Up
–  Adam P. – Rope Muscle Up
–  Billy – 1st Muscle Up Ever!
–  Janet – 1st Pull Up with NO BAND!!!

29 Responses to 4/20/11

1. Adam P says:

Games WOD 11.5 = 7 rounds + 6 reps

WOD 11.5 = 6 Rds + 8 TTB

Rest day tomorrow then Jesus WOD on Good Friday. Looking forward to the challenge.

Snatch: worked up to 90 pounds
    Saving 11.5 for tomorrow because I’m still sore from all the pull ups and push ups the last few wods, and because I do NOT want to do this one twice!

Arms are still recovering today, will do the Open WOD tomorrow morning

Snatch – got up to 165

Then….

For Time:
    5-4-3-2-1
    Squat Snatch (145#)
    Ring HSPU’s

Time – 4:21

Just like Lindsay and Bobby, I was still having a tough time straightening my arms all the way this morning from Lynne and Hammer…so I did snatches and am excited to do 11.5 tomorrow! Great job to everyone that did 11.5 already this morning!

Snatch: 85-95-100-105-110(failed a lot)- then did a bunch at 95 & 105 then-110(PR!)
    Was actually feeling a lot better towards the end and the best part was all of them were good squat snatches caught in the bottom, instead of ugly half power snatch/half super wide shoulder press things like it sometimes turns into for me 🙂 Thanks for the tips Bobby.

6. Jeremy Yoder says:

I am wanting to do the Jesus WOD on good Friday as well. The way I have heard it, the WOD is supposed to be done at 3:00 since that is the time Jesus passed away on the cross…any chance a group wants to form and do it at 3:00 ?

• Nick says:

Tell me about the Jesus wod please.

• Jeremy Yoder says:

14 Rounds (for the 14 stations of the cross)
        95 lb barbells

10 Deadlifts
        10 Squat Cleans
        10 Push Press/Jerk
        50 ft Walking Lunge with bar resting on your shoulders

Bar cannot be set down at any time except after rounds 3, 6 & 9.

After rounds 3, 6, & 9 – do 7 Turkish GU – 1.5 pood (For the 3 times Jesus fell)

• Adam S says:

I’m planning on doing the wod in the morning. I can’t break away from work in the afternoon.

• Jaime says:

Bobby, Brian and I were actually discussing this earlier today. We were thinking about doing the Jesus WOD the Sunday after Easter, so next Sunday (May 1st). Obviously this won’t have as much symbolism as on Good Friday, but our reasoning was two-fold:
      1. This WOD messes you up for a few days, so we were wanting to wait until after the Open WODs are done!
      2. We are also planning a CF 515 social that day, probably a BBQ of some sort in the afternoon, so we were thinking it would be fun if we could get a group to come early to take on this ‘long’ WOD before the BBQ. Don’t have definite details yet, but probably Jesus WOD at like 1:00, followed by BBQ at around 3:00.
      Obviously anyone is welcome to do this before then or get a group together for Friday, but thought I’d let everyone know, that’s our plan right now. Would anyone be interested in this?

• Jeremy Yoder says:

Max has 1st communion at 1:30 that day so I know I wont be able to make a WOD but maybe if you do the WOD at 2 and the BBQ at 3 or 3:30 and hang for a while I can make the BBQ at least….

• Lindsay says:

My vote also would be for slightly later afternoon next Sunday on the Jesus wod – Justin and I have to meet with the wedding ceremony pastor at 12:30 that day.

• Jaime says:

Just explain to him that doing this wod together will be way more beneficial for your relationship than talking with him! Just kidding, how long will that take? Maybe we could push stuff back a little to accommodate you guys and Yoder at the same time…since you both think you’re so special, haha 😉

• Tara says:

sounds scary but I’m in!

• Nick says:

30 mile bike and Drake half marathon in the am. See everyone at the BBQ.

• Bart says:

Sounds like a blast! I’m in!

• Shelley says:

I heard your hands took a beating today…….OUCH! Thank goodness for super glue.

• Bart says:

My entire body took a beating. I’ve been battling some sort of sickness and then to have my hands tear was icing on the cake. Piss poor performance today which I kind of expected. Looking forward to getting healthy and hitting it again Saturday. And yes, thank goodness for super glue. LOL.

7. brian ramsey says:

I would be up for a 3:00 on friday!

• Bart says:

Woah, woah, woah. I thought we agreed to let me have a cameo appearance? I’ve been drinking muscle milk and leaning out just for it. I finally got some sweet veins popping out on my left bicep that were totally camera ready. 🙂

Seriously though, awesome job Bobby! Can’t wait to see you tear it up out in Chicago and then we can all say hello to sunny Californ-i-a!

• Brian says:

Even if Bobby doesn’t go all the way to Cali there will still be people going to watch Shelley. Going to the games will give everyone a whole new perspective on CrossFit. and not to metion cocktails, beaches, warm weather! I also think team 515 has a good shot of going as well!

8. Will says:

THAT VIDEO WAS COOL AS HELL! Congrats Noyceii!

Games WOD 11.5 = 9 rounds plus 1clean

10. Bob Jennings says:

Bobby, great video and great promotion, congratulations. We will work with you on the commercial side, like you could have mentioned crossfit 515 a half dozen times and saying stuff like “and thats not all.”

Great job.

11. Ben says:

11.5 WOD 8 rounds plus 2 toes to bar. (247)

i know i said i won’t be doing this again, but i don’t leave to go out of town until late saturday morning. i’ll be at the saturday morning class to try and get this one in again.