4/18/11

Three rounds for time of:
Run 100 meters
50 Push-ups (from knees) (25 from knees)
Run 100 meters
50 Sit-ups (25)
Run 100 meters
50 Squats (25)
Run 100 meters
50 Back extensions (25)

Post time to comments.

April “COOL” Board

–  Melanie – 45 Pull Ups without a Band!!!
–  Max – 500m Row in 3:18
–  Max – Deadlift 45#
–  Jeremy – 1st Strict Handstand Push Ups
–  Jaime – Rainbow Deadlift 295# (then did 300#)
–  Ash – Handstand Walk 3 Squares (12 feet)
–  Adam S. – Deadlift 365# (30# PR)
–  Todd F. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Adam P. – Clean & Jerk 165#
–  Heather – Squat Clean 110#
–  Jaime – 5 Strict HSPUs (did 6)
–  Kylie – 1st Handstand & HSPU (2 abmats)
–  Teresa – 1st Ring Dip
–  Adam S. – Strict Handstand Push Up (1 Ab-Mat)
–  Kylie – 1st Double Under
–  Jim – WODing Without a Shirt!

23 Responses to 4/18/11

1. Bart says:

Lindsey, Katie and I are infor Chicago. We were thinking about possibly taking the train down if we get a hotel close enough to the pier. Just a thought. I know parking down there is horrible and costs a fortune too.

• Bart says:

I just looked up the Sheraton prices for that weekend and they are $200/night with taxes. That’s quite a ways out of what we were wanting to spend. We’ll probably try the the Congress Plaza for $110/night and its only a mile from the pier. I’ll just bring my ghost hunter gear 🙂

2. Will says:

I’m jealous of all you folks that have weekends off. I won’t be able to make it to watch the 515/Chi-Town throwdown because it’s in the middle of my work week.

Here’s video of Alex Honnold free solo rock climbing in Utah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2dIZt4FCeE. I’m trying to find the full video of him climbing the Half Dome in Yosemite without a rope. It’s called Alone on the Wall. The guy is a phreak!

Black wod with GHD sit-ups: 33:58

Black WOD with GHD Sit Ups – 26:40

Black Rx’d – 27:04

Saturday: Re-do of 11.4- 90 reps (again!)
    …no MU obviously; I did finish the 90 reps faster and was really close on my MU – of course none of that actually counts for my score, but that’s ok 😉

Yesterday: “Lynne” w 95# (~70% BW)
    18/41, 14/35, 13/33, 12/30, 10/23 = 67/162 = 229
    (Previous: 51/133 = 184 w 90# in Jan)

This morning: Black WOD w GHD Situps – 41:30
    …pushups were even more evil than normal with my chest hurting from Lynne yesterday! And wow did I get dizzy.

Plan for tonight: “Hammer”

Tomorrow: REST & find out the last 2 Open WODs! 🙂

• Bart says:

Are they announcing the last 2 WOD’s at the same time?

• Jaime says:

“Hammer” as Rx’d – 16:23 (1:21, 1:48, 2:13, 2:32, 2:29)
      I’m scared about how sore my arms will be when I wake up tomorrow 🙂

Bart, yes they r announcing both of the last 2 WODs tomorrow night…to kind of make up for being a week late in week 1. We will have until Sunday to get 11.5 done just like normal and until next Sunday to get 11.6 done.

8. Jeremy Yoder says:

Todays WOD – RX – 29:31
    My friend Garrett came in with me today as well, he did 3 rds of 25 instead of 50….loved it…think he will be back…

• Jeremy Yoder says:

Just realized that today was my 200th posting on the whiteboard! Yeah! 134 were WOD posts with 56 being benchmark workouts with 20 PR’s!
      I REALLY dont want to think about where I would be without all you guys pushing me to work harder and improve!
      A BIG THANK YOU!
      I really appreciate it!!!

• Bobby says:

The improvements you have made are remarkable Yoder! And the best part about it all is that there is clearly no end in sight, the potential is limitless, keep up the hard work!

9. Bart says:

Todays WOD Rx’d – 21:12

10. Adam P says:

Today’s wod Rx’d at the fire station gym = 20:50….Run fast, push-ups slow, run fast and other stuff, run fast, push-ups slooooowwww, run fast and other stuff….I kept thinking, “hmmm, this sucks….but it’s better than hanging upside down 200 feet in the air by your leg that is stuck in a freaking huge crack.”

Todays WOD Rx’d – 22:03