3/25/11

21-15-9 reps of:
Deadlift (225/155) (155/105) (105/75)
Overhead squat (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)

Post time to comments.

Compare to 11/8/10

March “COOL” Board

–  Deb – 1st Kipping Pull Up Ever!!!
–  Adam P. – 1 Arm Pull Up
–  Jaime – 100 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Max – 1st GHD Sit-Up
-  Bobby – Best time on any March challenge event (Throwdown Series Event 1 Part 1)
-  Adam P. – Deadlift 350#
-  Justin – 30 Consecutive Butterfly Pull Ups
–  Jodi – 1st Ring Dip Ever!
–  Shelley – 5 Consecutive Ring Dips
–  Melanie – Climbed ALL the Way Up the Rope!
–  Jaime – 30 Toes-to-bar
–  Justin – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Tracy – 20 Consecutive GHD Sit-Ups
–  Justin – Overhead Squat 155#
–  Jen – Back Squat 205#
–  Adam S. – Overhead Squat 95#
–  Grayeson – Back Squat 235#
–  Lindsay – 1st Strict Handstand Push Up
–  Shelley – Ran her 1st 5K ever (33:35)
– Mitch – 1st Muscle-Up Ever
– Jaime – 1st Full Locked out Muscle-Up with no false grip

28 Responses to 3/25/11

This clip is from Drywall’s CrossFit Blog, pretty hilarious! Enjoy Lindsay!

• Adam P says:

Got some good qoutes from that one…maybe we should make some encouraging t-shirts….”Trying is the first step to failure.” “With participants like you, elite athletes look extraordinary.”

• Lindsay says:

hahaha – even more hilarious than in print … how many athletes are going to regionals? … actual athletes? maybe 2 or 3. A lot of really good exercisers though

Sorry for the commentary on the video 🙁
    Did not mean to

3. Will says:

So many CrossFit haters. When they can finish a WOD with a competitive time, then they can talk. Until then, keep on rocking that elliptical and bicep curls, bro.

4. Brian says:

Great nutrition class last night! Ryan gave an outstanding presentation and I think everyone learned a lot. If you weren’t able to make last night please make every effort to make it on saturday morning! I promise you will learn so many things about food and most importantly how enjoy your foods all while being healthy!

After last night I will for sure be doing Ryan’s 10 week program! I plan to start this program April 1st! Hopefully we can get a large group of people to all start at the same time!! That way we can share comparative results and hopefully have a “graduation” food party at the end. Obviously with all healthy foods! If you can’t start April 1st just start when you can and share your results with people further along in the program as well as people just getting started so everyone can see the differences its making at different stages! A lot of people have been posting awesome results in our gym and making huge strides and I think having this plan will keep those gains coming as well as allow people to acheive results they didn’t think were possible!! Look for a list of people doing the program on on one of the white boards in the gym and add your name ASAP. (someone let Brad’s BFF Dave know where to sign up)

Adam S; here is what I’m thinking for our challenge:

1.) 100 Burpee Pull-ups

2.) 20 Turkish Get-ups

3.) Max dead lift 1-1-1-1-1

6. Bart says:

Hey Tara,

I’m going to do the Throwdown Series WOD #2 over lunch today. Rowing is definetely not my strength so this should be a good one.

• Tara K says:

sounds good! I’ll probably see you there. May do it today as well but may need to work on ring push-ups first and then do it this weekend!

21-15-9 reps of Deadlift (225) Overhead squat (75): 11:17. In November, I used 205 for deadlift and 65 for ohs, and it took me 11:35. Great to see that I’m improving. I still need to work on my overhead squats, really hard for me.

8. Laura says:

Did my 1st muscle up ever!!! Cool board for me!! Although not as pretty as Jamie in her video! Jamie – you made it look too easy!!

21-15-9 reps of Deadlift (155) Overhead squat (85): 12:10

9. Jodi says:

Congrats Laura – what a huge accomplishment! And Jaime – yours looks great on the video! Nice job girls – maybe SOMEDAY I’ll be able to do one… 🙂

WOD – Deadlift 225# / OHS 65#
    14:11

1st time doing OHS in a WOD. Last time doing this WOD I sub’d Front Squat for the OHS.

11. Jen says:

WOD 20:04 – Ugh! Was determined to get through the first round of OHS Rx’d. Took me 10 minutes and my wrists & elbows are going to pay the price 🙁 It also made the 85# OHS in the last 2 rounds harder than they should have been. Oh well. Next time, I’ll start with 85# like I should have today! Still better than the 65# OHS I used last time I did this WOD.

12. brian ramsey says:

Hey bobby there will be a ben bruns sighting sunday 830 hope your there to see him!

13. Jeremy Yoder says:

Throwdown Series WOD #2
    This thing was a bi*ch! – 14:28 RX

14. Ben says:

Did “Weaver” today since I missed it a week ago or so. 22:21. Tough.

Bart, you killed that throwdown WOD! Nice job.

• Bart says:

Thanks Ben! I think it killed me though. Came out of the gates way too hard and screwed my deadlifts. Live and learn. Throwdown series WOD 2 – 13:41

Black WOD as Rx’d – 6:28