3/19/11

Make Up/Challenge/Skill DAY/

CrossFit Games Open 11.1 ReDos

March “COOL” Board

–  Deb – 1st Kipping Pull Up Ever!!!
–  Adam P. – 1 Arm Pull Up
–  Jaime – 100 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Max – 1st GHD Sit-Up
-  Bobby – Best time on any March challenge event (Throwdown Series Event 1 Part 1)
-  Adam P. – Deadlift 350#
-  Justin – 30 Consecutive Butterfly Pull Ups
–  Jodi – 1st Ring Dip Ever!
–  Shelley – 5 Consecutive Ring Dips
–  Melanie – Climbed ALL the Way Up the Rope!
–  Jaime – 30 Toes-to-bar
–  Justin – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Tracy – 20 Consecutive GHD Sit-Ups
–  Justin – Overhead Squat 155#
–  Jen – Back Squat 205#
–  Adam S. – Overhead Squat 95#
–  Grayeson – Back Squat 235#

8 Responses to 3/19/11

1. Mitch says:

Brian,
    Is your shoulder good enough to do total of the 3 squat workout? If so, I choose that one. Let me know.

• Brian says:

I should be able to make it work. Total weight wins. All squats must go break parallel. I plan to do it monday or maybe Thursday.

2. Jim says:

CrossFit/Glassman doesn’t screw up very often, so when they do, they make it a major screw-up. The athletes at 515 are in a great position based on the results seen so far. Some of us may want to attempt to improve our position, and we’ve been given that chance. But, we also need to stick to the regular training, so we don’t lose our edge by week 6 (which now appears to be week 7).

Keep up the great work!!!

3. Bart says:

Looks like they are extending the sectionals WOD 11.1 a week and not posting WOD 2 until the 29th. Kind of b.s. If you ask me. I’m not really sure what their reasoning is either.

Ya I don’t like it is all I have to say, sick of this workout, and I feel that if you want to keep your place you basically have to do it again and improve by a few reps

WOD 11.1 as Rx’d – 8 Rounds + 10 Snatches

CrossFit Games Open 11.1 as Rx’d- 6 rounds + 14 snatches
    2 reps better than last time, but I REALLY wanted 7 rounds, so I’m happy and sad at the same time. Guess I can have another go at it…if I want, hmm.

Then, “Weaver” Black WOD- 38:42
    Some pretty sad L-pull ups going on for me. Thanks for struggling thru it with me, Z.

Not excited about HQs decision to push the sectionals back a week, BUT we can keep the competition wods going and focus on the Throwdown Series wod next weekend … yeah??

Open 11.1 redo: 6 rds + 3 snatches (11 rep improvement)
    then
    Weaver – 35:59 … And, I am exhausted!

OH, I forgot my most exciting news – thanks to Maloch’s magical tip, I got my first strict handstand push up! Cool board me! WOOHOO!