3/16/11

CrossFit Games Open 11.1

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
30 Double-unders (90 Singles) (60 Singles)
15 Power snatches or Ground-to-Overhead (75/55) (55/45) (45/35)

The Power snatch loads are as follows:
Men and Masters Men 45-49, 50-54: 75lbs/35kg
Women and Masters Women 45-54: 55lbs/25kg
Masters Men 55-59, 60+: 65lbs/30kg
Masters Women 55-59, 60+: 45lbs/20kg

Jason Khalipa 7 rounds + 3 snatches, Laurie Galassi 6 rounds + 27 double-unders (25kg).
Post rounds and fractions of rounds completed to comments.

March “COOL” Board

–  Deb – 1st Kipping Pull Up Ever!!!
–  Adam P. – 1 Arm Pull Up
–  Jaime – 100 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Max – 1st GHD Sit-Up
-  Bobby – Best time on any March challenge event (Throwdown Series Event 1 Part 1)
-  Adam P. – Deadlift 350#
-  Justin – 30 Consecutive Butterfly Pull Ups
–  Jodi – 1st Ring Dip Ever!
–  Shelley – 5 Consecutive Ring Dips
–  Melanie – Climbed ALL the Way Up the Rope!
– Jaime – 30 Toes-to-bar
– Justin – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups

53 Responses to 3/16/11

I’m going to have to find out in the morning……..please don’t text me when you find out, I need to sleep

2. Will says:

If I’m found hanging in a closet, it’s because CrossFit didn’t post the first open WOD soon enough. I charge Lance and Barticus with avenging my death.

3. Ben says:

If you find ME hanging in a closet, it’s because CrossFit chose Fran as the first WOD.

4. Bart says:

Graham is as good as gone!!

5. Dave jergens says:

Challenge for brad k.

1). 1 mile run
    100 push ups
    25 overhead square(135lbs)
    2 mile run
    100 push ups
    25 overhead square (135lbs)

2). 100 ghds
    100 wall balls(20lbs)
    Each workout for time let me know

• Brad Krueger says:

Dave,
      I don’t want to do any of them, but I will choose option number 1. Sorry for the delay, I was in Colorado last week. I will prob do the challenge today.

• Dave jergens says:

No prob. I will complete it tomorrow morning. Let’s move the over squats to 75pd. I have a sore shoulder.

Dave

6. Dave jergens says:

Sorry brad lost 1 of the workouts, here it is

3). 100 bur pee pull ups
    100 double understand
    100 toes to bar

7. Dave jergens says:

Brad add 50 snatch square(95lbs) to second workout

8. kylie says:

Todd, I have been out of town and won’t be back till saturday. So again by default I have to take the loss, sorry it took me so long to respond to your challenge. I am still not rid of the mono unfortunately. Congrats!
    P.s. Bobby & Jaime.. I am like going mental it seems not being there. I would consider myself an addict. My parents have to tell me to stop working out.
    P.s.s. I am 80x weaker… I am quite disappointed. Looks like we have to start from the ground up again. :/

I think we should just call this WOD “The Dr. Kellow”

10. Brian says:

Awesome job to everyone this morning!
    I saw this Wod and thought I should be able to get 7 rounds easy.
    Round One: “That wasn’t bad”
    Round Two: “Oh Boy”
    Round three: “Bobby why are you counting so slow?”
    Round four: “I think Kalipa made his time up just to make everyone else feel bad”

11. Adam P says:

That wasn’t too bad. Maybe all that anxiety about what the workout will be and four hours of sleep helped…..or not.
    4 rounds + 30 double unders and 6 ground to overhead.

12. Will says:

I’m finding a 75lb bar so I only have to go below my kneecaps.

DU/Snatch WOD as Rx’d – 8 Rounds + 1 Snatch

Great efforts out of everyone this morning!!

Open 11.1 WOD as rx’d – 6 rounds + 12 snatches

I was actually really pleased with my score this morning 🙂 I was obviously happy to see the bar work in there, and just excited I had a good day of DUs to go with it!

Great start team 515, I’m feeling good about our chances on this WOD!!

15. Ben says:

Bobby,

Amazing man! That was greatness. Remember us when you become a celebrity and win the games this year.

16. Ben says:

By the way, no one approved my challenge WOD’s for Deb. I posted it yesterday. Can someone take a look at it?

I went to Lance last night and didn’t want to mess up his craftsmanship with snatches after just 12 hours, so I’m putting off the Sectionals wod until tomorrow.

Did the Run 1 mile, 100 back ext 100 sit ups, run 1 mile wod – 19:51
    First mile in 6:13, pretty happy with that

18. Bart says:

Open 11.1 Sectionals WOD as Rx’d – 6 Rounds + 30 DU’s. I have a feeling I’m going to have to do better than this in order to help the team. Going to give it another go on Saturday and hopefully squeak out a full 7 rounds.

19. Jen says:

Is it possible to hurt the team with a WOD result? Mine today definitely won’t help! I wasn’t super thrilled to see double unders in the WOD 🙂 Really need to work on those.

• Bobby says:

Cannot hurt us Jen, only our top 3 male and female scores count for the team. Only can help us by submitting an Rx’d score, meaning that you are still eligible to help us in future WODs. You are our secret weapon 🙂

Plus, as of right now I think you are our #2 girls score

• Laura says:

I’m with you on this one, Jen – DUs will be the death of me! Just learning them this week and the rope is getting the best of me…between blisters and whip marks on my arms! On the bright side, it’s forcing me to learn!

Sorry Jamie/Bobby I already broke your rope (and it honestly wasn’t out of frustration either) but got a new one to donate….

20. Ben says:

Jaime,

Thanks for approving the challenge. Is Deb in town? I don’t think I’ve met her. If I have, I didn’t know that it was her. 🙂

Also, amazing job on that WOD today!

21. Tara says:

It’s usually any given day when it comes to double unders and luckily today they were working for me…..
    Open 11.1 WOD RX’d: 6 rounds plus 11 snatches

Heard someone beat my score by 1 rep…….told you Jaime. Means I’m going for 9 Rounds on Saturday

23. Shanyn Tuftee says:

Nice scores on the first open competition WOD, Jaime and Lindsay! I can only imagine how brutal this workout is…will find out on Saturday! Good luck over the next 6 weeks!

24. Pingback: 9/29/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa