3/10/11

Death by Pull Ups

With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute… continuing as long as you are able.  Use as many sets each minute as needed. (Use bands if needed).

Compare to 9/14/10

Lance Cantu 22 min + 11, Kim Malz 21 min + 9, Jose Santiago 18 min + 17.
Post number of minutes completed to comments.

March “COOL” Board

–  Deb – 1st Kipping Pull Up Ever!!!
–  Adam P. – 1 Arm Pull Up
–  Jaime – 100 Consecutive Double Unders
–  Max – 1st GHD Sit-Up
-  Bobby – Best time on any March challenge event (Throwdown Series Event 1 Part 1)
-  Adam P. – Deadlift 350#
-  Justin – 30 Consecutive Butterfly Pull Ups
–  Jodi – 1st Ring Dip Ever!
–  Shelley – 5 Consecutive Ring Dips
–  Melanie – Climbed ALL the Way Up the Rope!
– Jaime – 30 Toes-to-bar
– Justin – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups

17 Responses to 3/10/11

Death by pullups – 18 min + 10

The skin on my hand died before the rest of me…frustrating

2. Brian says:

challenge wod w Bryant: 215 clean

15 rounds of pullups.

3. Adam says:

Same as Justin 18 min + 10 reps.

Death by pull ups – 17 rounds + 12

Death by pullups – 16 min + 16
    Last time I got 15 min + 15…stupid & frustrating to be one away 🙁

Death by pull ups: 14 + 6.

Death by Pull Ups – 23 min + 17

Hello, Justin. Here are your challenge wod choices (Bobby helped me). I am going to give you 4 options:

1. For Time:
    10 Rope Climbs
    200 Double Unders
    *Break up in as many rounds and sets as you would like, just get the work done

2. For Time:
    20 Overhead Squats (115/75)
    *Weight starts on the ground
    **Can squat snatch 1st rep each time you pick it up
    Move 1 of each weight MedBall and 2 of each weight plates the length of the gym (20 squares)
    40 GHD Sit-Ups

3. Add scores from these 2 workouts to get total score
    a) Death By Handstand Push Ups (kipping is allowed)
    *On the Minute
    b) Death By GHD Sit-Ups
    *Every 20 seconds (1, 2, 3, ….Death)
    *Black GHD’s, 2 hands touch ground, 2 hands touch FOOTPLATE not pads
    **Death by GHDs begins one full minute after you die on HSPUs

4. Air Force WOD (which we will be doing Saturday morning)
    For time (95/65):
    20 Thrusters
    20 Sumo deadlift high pulls
    20 Push Jerks
    20 Overhead squats
    20 front squats
    * 4 burpees every minute on the minute.

9. Jodi says:

Couldn’t make it in today due to a meeting – fit in an hour run today – first time I’ve run that long since the fall (when it was warmer!)

Just wanted to post a quick update for anyone who may not have seen this already:
    The “Food Makeover” Nutrition workshop dates have been changed to the week after Spring Break (3/24 & 3/26), instead of tonight and Saturday.

Hey Jasmine, I’m willing to let you pick one of the other challenge options since pistols were a problem. Just let me know quickly since I leave town shortly.

12. Tara says:

Well I knew it wouldn’t last forever and I’ve started my descent down the ladder. Nice Job on the Challenge Bart!!!! Not sure if I’ll ever get back to the top but it was nice to at least hang out there for a little bit : )

13. Ben says:

18 mins + 18 pull ups. really? couldn’t get one more?! upsetting.

14. Pingback: 1/8/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa