2/28/11

Hang power snatch 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Post loads to comments.

THEN……..

“YOGI”

5 Rounds For Time:

7 Reps of Bear Complex (95/65) (65/45) (45/35)

11 Burpees

*Bear Complex must be unbroken, or else you start your 7 reps over.  Bar only taps the ground between reps to show that you are starting a new rep.  Bar can rest anywhere but on the ground.

Bear Complex
– Power Clean
– Front Squat
– Shoulder to Overhead
– Back Squat
– Shoulder to Overhead from behind the neck

February “COOL” Board

–  Ramsey – 1st Muscle-Up Ever!
–  Justin – Overhead Squat 115# (got 145#)
–  Jasmine – 5 Consecutive Pull-Ups
–  Ramsey – HSPU on the Ice
–  Jodi – Double digit Pull Ups (12)
-  Krista – “Grace” Rx’d (95#)
-  Jaime – 1st Strict HSPU
–  Krista – 16 Consecutive Double Unders!
–  Lindsay – 95# Snatch
–  Ash – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups
-  Mike R – Pull-up without a band
–  Laura – 150 Pull-Ups in “Eva”
–  Janet – PR on “Annie” by 7 minutes
–  Tara – 5 Consecutive Ring Dips
–  Tara – 1st Pistol Squat
–  Bobby – Back Squat 275#
–  Shelley – 1st Ring Dip
–  Jen – Back Squat 200#
–  Jen – 5 Consecutive Ring Dips
–  Bart – Overhead Squat 185#
–  Jeremy – 1RM Back Squat 240 (PR by 35#)
–  Jeremy – 3RM Back Squat 235 (PR by 50#)
–  Ramsey – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Ash – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Lance – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups
–  Mike – 3 Blue WODs as Rx’d

19 Responses to 2/28/11

Hang Power Snatch – 65-70-75-80-85(f)
    Yogi as rx’d – 11:45

Hang Power Snatch: 65-85-95-105(f)- 100

Yogi (a pox upon you Bobby!): 15:55. rx’d. I feel like I met Yogi the grizzly bear instead of Yogi “Hey would you like something out of my pick-i-nick basket”.

Hang Power Snatch: 65-75-85-95-100-105(1)
    Don’t think I’ve ever done max hang power snatch before, but my previous snatch max (no hang) was 100, so I think this was a PR however you look at it 🙂

“Yogi” as R’xd – 10:05
    Previous Yogi time – 12:17 on 6/2/10

3 rep Power Hang Snatch – Maxed at 125, failed at 135.

Yogi – Rx’d 12:59

Congrats on getting 515 in The Des Moines Register for extreme fitness! The reporter didn’t really describe crossfit very well. Sounds like an opportunity for an invite! Good job you guys!

Hang Power Snatch: 135-140-135-135-140-135
    *Lots of pressing out on the 140

Then

“Yogi”
    Black WOD as Rx’d – 8:36
    Previous time – 9:01 (6/2/10)
    *I was not real happy with my effort this morning, just couldn’t push like I wanted to. Anyway, thanks for pushing me this morning Jaime, and sorry for getting mad about you moving the bar (I just kept pulling it off the platform and you kept pushing it back on, I felt like the ant that kept building back up my dirt hill and you were the little kid who kept stepping on it hahaha)

• Jaime says:

Haha, no problem…next time I’ll just smack u in the head with the bar while you’re doing your burpees, but at least the bar won’t be near the platform 😉

Sure glad Bobby doesn’t put together the workouts every day. This one was terrible! I’m pretty sure I’d still be there attempting the bear complexes unbroken if I would have tried this one rx’d.
    “Yogi” (55lb bear complex) – 14:25

Jeremy, awesome Crossfit testimonial! Everyone should read it if they haven’t already.

Hang Power Snatch – 95, 95, 100, 100, 105

Yogi – Rx’d – 15:53
    1st time doing the Bear complex. Tough one, its the first time in a while I looked forward to the burpees in the workout.

Bobby – let’s do the Row challenge. I’ll either to it tomorrow or Thursday.

9. Adam P says:

Hang Power Snatch – 75-85-95-105-115(f got one)…I was happy with this considering my max snatch WAS 75 lbs! Then Yogi – 17:28 as Rx’d. Then did a one armed pull up! Put me on the cool board!

10. Tara says:

yogi: rx’d 12:10

11. kylie says:

Congrats to Deb on her first kipping pullup no band! 🙂
    “Yogi” Rx’d: 10:23 or 27 I can’t fully remember. This was a good one I thought. During the process I did not enjoy it that much, however.. after I felt accomplished just as I do everyday at Crossfit. Thanks everyone for transforming my life for the better:)

12. Deb says:

Ok…seriously…everyone needs to take a moment of silence for the fact I did my first kipping pullup last night!! Huge accomplishment for me!! Also, did all kipping pullups in today’s hellish workout. Yee Haw!