2/25/11

Mike Burke 250-300-350-375-385lbs.
Candice Ruiz 185-205-215-225-235lbs.
Post loads to comments.

THEN…

Again Faster WOD #18

AMRAP in 3:00 of:
5 Wall Climbs (10 Half Wall Climbs) (25 Marches w feet on box)
5 Ground-to-Overhead (135/95) (95/65) (65/45)

Wall Climbs start with your toes and chest on the deck, walk your feet up the wall until your chest touches the wall, and then descend back to the original position.

AND…

Work on attaining your February Goals. (Make sure you brag about any goals you accomplish so we know to add you to the “Cool” Board 🙂 )

February “COOL” Board

–  Ramsey – 1st Muscle-Up Ever!
–  Justin – Overhead Squat 115# (got 145#)
–  Jasmine – 5 Consecutive Pull-Ups
–  Ramsey – HSPU on the Ice
–  Jodi – Double digit Pull Ups (12)
-  Krista – “Grace” Rx’d (95#)
-  Jaime – 1st Strict HSPU
–  Krista – 16 Consecutive Double Unders!
–  Lindsay – 95# Snatch
–  Ash – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups
-  Mike R – Pull-up without a band
–  Laura – 150 Pull-Ups in “Eva”
–  Janet – PR on “Annie” by 7 minutes
– Tara – 5 Consecutive Ring Dips
– Tara – 1st Pistol Squat

34 Responses to 2/25/11

Thanks to Justin this was the best 5 minutes and 39 seconds of my day!!!

http://www.throwdownseries.com/site/Info.html … I’m signed up! This will be a fun preview of the open – let’s go team! The way I read it, you can register after the event is released – you just have to register and submit results before the “times up” :

Q: What is the registration deadline?
    A: Registration will be open throughout the entire series (February – June). You must be registered before the “TIMES UP” clock reaches 00:00:00 on the home page in order to post a result for any given event (see next Q regarding posting).

Okay Bobby, I’m bragging so I can get on the cool board……I can do butterfly pull ups!

4. Adam P says:

Back squat 225-235-240-245-250 (Fail, did 1 rep)
    AMRAP 2 rounds + 1 wall climb with 115 lbs
    The first set of wall climbs went really fast, and then it all went down hill from there.

Back Squat: 165-185-205-225-235.

Again Faster WOD #18. 1 rd + 1 wall climb.

AF wod 18: 2 rounds + 1 wall climb … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjMBSCnh6ok

My back was hurting, so not a good heavy/max day for back squats – 95-125-135-145(f)-145(1,f).

Back squat – 245,275,295,305(1),300(2.5,so close,yet so far)

WOD #18 – 1 rd + 4

Congrats Shelley on your ring dip!!

AF WOD – Rxd – 1 rd + 4 wall climbs

Back Squat – Maxed out at 215 (last recorded 1RM was 205), 225 (x2)(f)

Synthesizers, Zubaz and Soul Glo! Oh my! I think we need to restructure our WODs and start listening to Phil and the gang.

9. Adam P says:

Yoder! I challenge you!

#1. Helen – 3 rounds 400 m run, 21 1.5 pood kb swings, 12 pullups

#2. Squat your *ss off! With a continuous clock you begin by doing 60 seconds of air squats. You will take 60 minus whatever number you get and then do that many push ups. Your second minute is all you have to complete your push ups. Your third minute you go back to air squats. Your fourth minute you will do the same with ring dips, 60 minus whatever the number of squats you get. Your fifth is squats, sixth is push ups, seventh squats and so on….the pattern is squats, pushups, squats, ring dips. In two minutes you should be doing sixty repetitions.

example
    1st minute- 58 squats
    2nd minute – 2 push ups
    3rd minute – 55 squats
    4th minute – 5 ring dips
    5th minute – 50 squats
    6th minute – 10 push ups and so on….
    The winner is whoever can go for the most time while completing the circuit….so if you don’t get sixty repetitions done in the two minutes then you stop and you count the full round you just completed as your score.

#3. Just hold on to what we’ve got – Five minute workout – 1st minute hspu, 2nd pull up, 3rd back extension, 4th ring dip, 5th squat – each second the exercise is performed unbroken is a point, once the exercise is failed you can not begin again and that is your rest time. Example: I do 40 second handstand hold, I have 20 seconds to rest and score 40 points for the first minute. I then do a 20 second pull up over the bar, I score 20 points for that round….the points are calculated at the end of the workout and the most scored is the winner. This is a continuous clock so your movement from one station to the next counts against your time.
    HSPU’s count as long as your head does not touch the ground. Pull ups are chin over bar, back extension is above parallel, ring dip is locked out at the top, squat is below parallel.

10. JaimeLM says:

AF WOD 18 rxd: 2 rounds + 5 wall climbs

Back Squat: 135-145-155-165-170
    Should have tried for 175. But I think my previous 3RM was 165 and my 1RM was 180, so I didn’t feel too bad about this. And w no ankle brace at all yesterday and today! Finally, 4 months later, and I think I can say I’m back to 100% (might even try a rope climb tonight…so anything is fair game for challenges, Nick 🙂 )

11. Jen says:

Came at 7:30 this morning for the posted workout.
    Back Squat: 125-145-165-175-185 (PR by 5#)
    Tried for my goal of 200# 1rep BS, but failed twice.
    Black WOD Rx’d – 1 Rd + 3 Wall Climbs

Came back at noon. Got my 200# BS!!! I think I may have set a record for the slowest back squat ever, though 🙂
    Also got that elusive 5th ring dip to accomplish one of my other goals! 5 consecutive full ROM ring dips.

12. Bart says:

AF WOD 18 – 2 Rnds + 7. The video ran out of memory with 7 seconds left so looks like I’ll be re-doing this one if I want to send it in.

Back Squat: 185, 225, 275, 300(1)

OH Squat: 135, 155, 175, 185, 205(f)

Nice job Jen coming back in and getting 200lbs!!

Back Squat: 225-245-255-265-275(1)

AF WOD 18 – 2 Rounds + 6

14. Jodi says:

Yay on the 200 & ring dips Jen & the ring dip Shelley! What’s the trick on the ring dip? The thin purple band is easy – I just can’t do it w/out it yet!!!? Congrats on being back Jaime – although you were never truly out. 🙂

115-125-135-145-150 (1) – PR… 1 round black for the WOD

15. Jeremy Yoder says:

Adam…I will take option 3…..I will get it done by Saturday for sure, this is a busy week for me. – Yoder

16. Pingback: 6/13/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa