2/17/11

Annie

50-40-30-20 and 10 rep rounds of:
Double-unders (3 times Singles) (2 times Singles)
Abmat Sit-ups

*Platinum WOD w GHD Sit-ups

Chris Spealler 4:34, Matt DellaValle 4:47, Keegan Martin 5:07 (age 17), Kevin Montoya 5:12 Danielle Edmundson 5:25, Laurie Galassi 5:26, Lucas Zepeda 5:30, Duncan Martin6:50 (age 12),Kim Malz 9:06 (GHD), EJ 10:32 (age 9).
Post time to comments.

Compare to 12/30/10

OR

Eva

Five rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
30 Kettlebell swing (70/53) (53/35) (35/26)
30 Pull-ups (Pull-Ups w Band)

Jeremy Thiel 36:43. Post time to comments.

February “COOL” Board

–  Ramsey – 1st Muscle-Up Ever!
–  Justin – Overhead Squat 115# (got 145#)
–  Jasmine – 5 Consecutive Pull-Ups
–  Ramsey – HSPU on the Ice
–  Jodi – Double digit Pull Ups (12)
-  Krista – “Grace” Rx’d (95#)
-  Jaime – 1st Strict HSPU
–  Krista – 16 Consecutive Double Unders!
–  Lindsay – 95# Snatch
–  Ash – 3 Consecutive Muscle Ups
-  Mike R – Pull-up without a band

24 Responses to 2/17/11

Did Eva Wednesday evening…..fun fun fun 🙂

“Eva” as Rx’d – 31:41

Ash Challenge WOD: 1-1-1-1-1 Split Jerk
    Max Load 175# (PR)

then…

Annie Platinum!
    10:19

LADDER UPDATE!

There have been some additions & subtractions & lots of activity on the ladder, so everyone check here to make sure you know who to challenge:

Also just a reminder, anyone who wants to join the ladder can do so at any time! Just let one of the trainers know and we will add you 🙂

Eva rx’d – 42:10 … tore my hand on the 4th round of pull ups, so round 5 was painful! Really hope the next few workouts don’t have pull ups

Planning on coming back tonight for Annie

“Annie” Platinum WOD as Rx’d – 14:27

“Eva” as R’xd – 42:57
    Did Eva last night w Bobby…I’m not sure ‘fun’ was the word I would use (especially not 3 times). Maybe not the best choice after Jeremy’s bday WOD in the morning, but I ran 2.5 miles w no pain in my foot and made it thru her without tearing my hands open, so I considered it a success 🙂

“Annie”
    Platinum WOD as Rx’d – 6:44 (PR by 4 seconds)
    I actually had a lot of mess ups on doubles unders today, getting used to Veronica, but I have a feeling after a few more WODs we will work together harmoniously, and it will be beautiful.
    P.S. Francesca I have not forgotten about you, I have simply moved on to a newer, younger, faster, better version of you. However, if things don’t work out between us I will take you back if you will have me. That’s all

• Bobby says:

Videotaped myself today and just watched it, and I only did 49 DU’s in the 1st round ughhh. I was too concerned with the new rope and was having a hard time counting. So in other words I still have 1 DU left in the first round and the clock is still running. I also screwed up on DU about 7 times, when I don’t think I missed any the last 2 times I did this WOD, meaning that sit-ups were considerably faster, which I’d good 🙂

• Jaime says:

Were you too worried about Francesca being mad at you to count?!? Newer, younger, faster, better — but you left out bigger…grips 😉 Hahaha!!

7. Jeremy Yoder says:

Callout Justin!!!!! Take your pick from…….

5 Rounds for time
    10 Wall Climbs
    15 GHD Sit Ups
    10 Cartwheels (no round offs, all appendages extended)

Max Power Clean 3 – 3 – 3 (without putting the bar down between reps)
    (If the bar touches the ground the set doesn’t count)
    (Add the best 2 sets/6 reps up for the score total….highest score wins)

3 Rounds for time
    5 Dead Lifts @ 225#
    10 Power Snatch @ 95#
    15 GHD Sits Ups

Hey Jim,
    That was a fun challenge! I’m glad you picked the tire and having to jump through the center really added a degree of uncertainty. It’s cool having a challenge between the “mature” set in the group. Good job!

• Jim says:

Thanks Todd. It was a fun workout and not something I would have figured I could even attempt until the past few months. Congratulations on the victory.

9. Brian says:

Adam S: We shoud probably make this offical.

Your challenge WOD as we discussed is to pick a day next week and we will go head to head for that Days WOD. Being that I have no idea what any of those days will be its a risk for both of us!! Being that our challenge has to be done by next Friday I would pick something early in the week incase the WOD contains one of the four movements we agreed I wouldn’t challenge you to. The only day next week that will be a “challenge” day is Wednesday. However if we get all the way to Friday and we haven’t got our challenge in Fridays WOD is the challenge. If it contains any of the four movements we will modify it and see what happens.

Modifications: MUs (3 pull ups 3 Dips)
    Rope Climb: 10 rope pulls for every one rope climb
    HSPUs: regular pushups
    OHS: Air squats

You need to let me know the day before what day you are choosing. This should be interesting.

From another one of the “mature” set to definitely one of the “young” set……
    Calling out Kylie.

Option 1:
    5 rounds
    1 minute handstand hold
    10 body weight deadlifts
    10 20″ box jumps

Option 2:
    21-15-9
    Turkish get-ups (alternating arms)
    Sotts press

Option 3:
    100 GHDs

11. Bart says:

Eva as Rx’d – 36:00 even. And nap time!!

12. Laura says:

Figured I’d posts some accomplishments I made today!
    – Completed Eva – 35 lb everything else Rx’d. Definately not pretty (little over 50 minutes) but never thought I would ever be able to do 150 pullups in my life!
    – Ended my winter fling with the trendmill and had a great long run OUTSIDE over my lunch hour!
    – Next up 15 mile ride after work (should probably clarify motorcycle not bicycle)
    Aawww I love this spring weather!!!