1/31/11

Weighted pull-ups 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps (7)

*Arms fully locked out at bottom, chin over the bar at the top, get there however you please

Josh Everett 154lbs at 185lb BW, Laurie Galassi 77lbs at 127lbs, Kim Malz70lbs at 133lb BW, Miranda Oldroyd 45lbs at 149lb BW.
Post loads and body weight to comments.

Then……

For Time:

100 Push Ups (from knees)

*Chest hits the deck (not your stomach), arms locked out at the top

January “COOL” Board

– Jasmine – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a band
– Ash – 1st ever Ring Muscle Up
– Nate – 300 lb. Back Squat
– Bart – 25 HSPU’s
– Bart – 45 Ring Dips
– Bart – 15 Squares Handstand Walk
– Jen – 1st ever Ring Dip
– Krista – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
– Krista – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Chest-to-Bar Pull-Up
– Tara – 30 Consecutive Double-Unders
– Bobby – Handstand Walk length of gym (20 squares)
– Will – Free-standing HSPU
– Lance – No False Grip Muscle Up
– Jeff – 1st Muscle Up Ever
– Bryant – 10 Consecutive Muscle Ups
– Lindsay – Handstand Walk the length of the gym (20 squares)
– Lance – Consecutive Muscle Ups (3)
– Scott – 1st Muscle Up Ever!

20 Responses to 1/31/11

1. Brian says:

Weighted Pull ups. 45,60,70,80,88F,88F,88 (PR)

2. Bryant Pickering says:

Weighted Pull Ups – final round was 88#.
    100 Push Ups – 3:28

3. Adam p says:

Weighetd pull ups – 88-96-105-107.5-115-120f-117.5f.
    Push ups 5:30.

Weighted pull-ups at BW 122#: 35-40-45-55-60-65-70(f)-67.5 … I’m not sure my 67.5 was legit chin above bar, BUT previous max in August was 25 so I’m pretty happy with a 40 lb PR 🙂

100 push ups: 8:25 … hope you feel good about your cheap win, Jeremy 😉 [sorry, agreeing to give you special treatment gives me a free pass to talk s***, haha] Looking forward to going against someone that wants to follow the rules and have a clean, fair fight – that’s you, Adam P – bring on the re-match wods!!!

• Jeremy Yoder says:

I appreciate it Lindsey 🙂 I was up last night looking at your posts trying to figure out how the hell I was gonna find a way to beat ya…..cheaply….was the answer 😉

100 Push-ups for time (with Jamie’s criteque on each one)
      5:32

Weighted Pull ups – 20 – 26 – 35 – 53 – 70(PR) – 75(f) – 70

then….at noon -Rankel – RX – 5 Rds + 6DL + 7 BPU + 10 KB = 100 yards

Weighted Pull-ups at BW 139#: 40-45-55-60-65(10# PR)-70(F)-67.5(F)
    100 Push-ups: 9:51

Rodney, great job this morning! BTW, you are never allowed to use a band for pull-ups EVER AGAIN!! For everyone else, here’s the story – We’d never seen Rodney do a pull-up w no band before and then this morning he did 65# weighted pull-up. WHAT?!?!?!

Also, congrats to Nick and Jasmine on their 2nd and 3rd place finishes in the Ice Breaker Tri yesterday!!

• Bobby says:

Oh by the way, Rodney, I got you setup for a drug test tomorrow, better try to find some clean urine by then haha awesome job

6. Adam says:

OK Lindsay…you asked for it!

1. ‘Don’t let go!’
    Begin by doing one rope climb however you want but do not touch the ground on your way down. From a safe height hold on to the rope for one minute (timer starts at the top of your climb), after that minute your legs have to come off the rope. After one more minute only your hands can touch the rope. If you are still holding on after that the last minute is a one handed hold.

The person who holds on the longest is the winner.

2. ‘Diddy Kong’
    Five rounds for time of…
    1 deadlift (1 1/2 times body weight)
    2 muscle ups
    3 burpee pull ups with a toes to bar kicker at the end of each
    4 hand stand push ups

3. ‘Snatching Helen’
    Three rounds for time of…
    Row 400 meters (it’s supposed to get snowy so I think this is better than running)
    21 one handed snatches (1.5 pood/1 pood)
    12 pull ups

Weighted PU’s 70-88-105(f)-93-103-108(f)-105(PR)

Then

100 Push Ups – 2:53

8. Bart says:

Not all that pleased with my weighted PU’s. I shot the moon way too quick and burnt myself out.

Weight PU’s (BW 182) – 65, 91, 119, 135(f), 135(f), 129(f), 125(f)

100 Push Ups – 2:13

9. Nick says:

“Diane” rx’d kinda 12:42… one abbmat for hand stand push ups.

10. Tara says:

weighted pull ups: 15, 20, 35, 40, 45 (f), 45 (f), 45 (got it!)
    10:54 for push-ups.

And we end January having completed only 1 of my 3 goals. I was 1/2 square short on my handstand walk. On the positive side, I have a head start on knowing my goals for Feb since 2 will carry over.

Tomorrow is a Make Up/Challenge/Skill Day, will do the post in the am, apologies

12. kylie says:

Didn’t have any weight on for weighted pullups. But I did progress all the way from green band to purple band in one night. I also can kip! Yippeee. Next step kipping, no band. I feel very accomplished, me and my battered hands are showing improvement. 🙂
    100 pushups- 5:53

13. Pingback: 7/8/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa