1/29/11

“FRAN”

For Time:

21 – 15 – 9

Thrusters (95/65) (65/45) (45/25)

Pull-Ups (with Band)

– Jen – 1st ever Ring Dip
– Krista – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
– Krista – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Chest-to-Bar Pull-Up
– Tara – 30 Consecutive Double-Unders
– Bobby – Handstand Walk length of gym (20 squares)
– Will – Free-standing HSPU
– Lance – No False Grip Muscle Up
– Jeff – 1st Muscle Up Ever
– Bryant – 10 Consecutive Muscle Ups
– Lindsay – Handstand Walk the length of the gym (20 squares)
– Lance – Consecutive Muscle Ups (3)
– Scott – 1st Muscle Up Ever!

14 Responses to 1/29/11

1. Brian says:

Fran RX: Finally under 5 mins!! 4:04!! Awesome Attendance today and even better on the WOD. We had some really good times out of everyone and it was awesome to see how hard everyone pushed!! Saturdays are my favorite day of the week!

Nice work bobby!

Black 4:28
    Need to work on my butterfly pull ups, especially when I’m exhausted. PRd tho so I can’t be too upset. Really awesome work out of everybody today, amazing to watch.

3. Bryant Pickering says:

Went on a date with Fran, she paid this time. 4:53. Over two minutes faster than last time and it was Rx’d (last time was 75#).

Good job Bobby!!

4. Jeremy Yoder says:

Hated it…loved it!!! Great to see so many people there this morning wanting to hang out with Fran!
    My First Fran Ever! RX – 8:05 lots of room for improvement

Fran rx’d 4:15 … PR by over 2 minutes from when I did her at cert in November 🙂

Hope today was a preview for how the sectional wods will go down – amazing turnout and efforts this morning!! Tara – you are insane! First Fran ever and you get sub-6 min. Ridiculous.

• Tara says:

Thanks Lindsay! I appreciated the encouragement from you and Jaime (and others). Next time I hope to not break up the sets so much. (fran Rx’d 5:48) Looking forward to the next time we do it.

“Fran” Black WOD as Rx’d – 4:15 (PR by 29 seconds!!) 🙂

Still can’t believe u beat me by less than a sec, Z! Great job everyone, what an awesome atmosphere today!!!!!! And of course, stellar performance by Bobby to get 2:30 🙂

Thank you guys for the compliments and thank you to everyone for the encouragement! Can’t think of a more fun atmosphere, makes it really easy to push through pain with that many great people around screaming at you!

Everyone did amazing this morning, we have a gym full of really hard working people and a bunch of crazy good athletes! (across all ages)

Fran as Rx’d – 2:30 (6 second PR)

All my previous times

1/8/10 – 6:50 (I believe this was my 3rd WOD ever)
    2/12/10 – 4:41
    3/6/10 – 6:00 (at Cert, and I have a laundry list of excuses)
    3/15/10 – 3:59
    3/26/10 – 3:31 (1st time I did butterfly PU’s, they were not pretty)
    5/10/10 – 3:24
    7/19/10 – 3:01
    9/21/10 – 2:59
    11/26/10 – 2:36
    1/29/11 – 2:30

I have been on 10 dates with Fran for a total of 39 minutes and 31 seconds. We are starting to get to know each other pretty well, but she is still not kind to me haha

8. Jim Noyce says:

Many of you were gracious to congratulate me on my workout this morning, for which I thank you. But, as I told Jaime, I had only one thought: DFL>DNF (just look at the board).

Great job to everyone this morning.

9. Pingback: 6/14/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa