1/27/11

Black WOD

Five rounds for time of:
10 Wall climbs
10 Toes to bar
20 Box jumps (24″)

For the wall climbs, start with your toes and chest on the deck, walk your feet up the wall until your chest touches the wall, and then descend back to the original position.

Kristan Clever 11:07, Annie Thorisdottir 11:29, Chris Spealler 11:44, Austin Malleolo 12:08, Laurie Galassi 12:54 (20″ box), Rebecca Voigt 13:09, Josh Everett 15:27, Michael Giardina 15:55, Ken Gall 16:36, Kevin Montoya 17:20, Karianne Dickson 19:09.
Post time to comments.

Blue WOD

Five rounds for time of:
5 Wall climbs OR 10 Half Wall Climbs (going halfway up the wall instead of touching chest to wall)
10 Knees to elbows

– Jen – 1st ever Ring Dip
– Krista – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
– Krista – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Chest-to-Bar Pull-Up
– Tara – 30 Consecutive Double-Unders
– Bobby – Handstand Walk length of gym (20 squares)
– Will – Free-standing HSPU
– Lance – No False Grip Muscle Up
– Jeff – 1st Muscle Up Ever
– Bryant – 10 Consecutive Muscle Ups
– Lindsay – Handstand Walk the length of the gym (20 squares)
– Lance – Consecutive Muscle Ups (3)

21 Responses to 1/27/11

Black wod rx’d – 19:20 … always fun when there’s something different thrown in there (except when it’s turkish get-ups – I do not like those…)

Hey J-Dawg, when are we doing our challenge wod? Sunday?

2. Tara says:

black wod rx’d – 26:00 Wishing I didn’t take so many breaks on the wall climbs but at the time, it definitely felt like they were needed!

Black WOD as Rx’d – 18:11
    Harder than expected

4. Deb says:

You guys all rocked at those wall climbs. I’ll get there…my 3/4 wall climbs were still tough! =)

Hey Todd….are you up for a challenge? Wondering if you have one going with Shelley? If not….I’ll throw some choices your way…..

• Shelley says:

I do have a challenge going with Joanie but she has been out in warm and sunny California this past week…..wouldn’t that be nice! I’m guessing it will be the first of next week before we get the workout done.

Black 40:45.
    Fun and miserable at the same time. I have never looked forward to T2B as much as I did this morning.

6. Brian says:

Black WOD 30:53

7. Bart says:

A lot harder than expected.
    Black WOD – 19:28

Black WOD (w 1-leg 12″ box jumps) – 20:07
    And then, 45 min “napping baby hold” over lunch. Wow, Will’s a big boy already 🙂 I’m not sure which was harder on the arms today, haha!

OK Nate…here’s my challenge!! Good luck 🙂

OPTION 1
    “Granny” (w 3x either single leg jumps or running jumps – I obviously need to do single leg jumps, you could do either.)
    For Time:
    60 Jumps
    20 Sit up
    5 Clean & Jerk
    30 Jumps
    10 Sit up
    5 Clean & Jerk
    (Sit-ups w ab-mat & feet anchored, hands touching weights at top)

OPTION 2
    AMRAP in 2:00 of kipping HSPUs
    Then, subtract your score from 60 and do that many Toes-to-Bar for time.
    (Your score is just your time on TTB. Time starts immediately after 2:00 is up. Each HSPU must start and end at the top w arms locked out & feet touching the wall.)

OPTION 3
    “DT”
    5 rounds for time of:
    12 DL (155/105)
    9 Hang Power Clean (155/105)
    6 Push Jerk (155/105)
    ..OR 3 rounds of (155/105) “DT”
    ..OR 5 rounds of (135/95) “DT”
    (You can pick with of the 3 versions we do).

OPTION 4
    Best 2 out of 3 WODs from above, in that order, with 10 mins rest between WODs 🙂

Affiliate team info posted today: http://games.crossfit.com/blog/2011/01/get-your-team,1017/

Hope lots of people get involved!!! The more team members, the better our chances of making it to regionals and …
    “Prize: The Official team with the most athletes will win 2 tickets per athlete to the CrossFit Games in July, plus their next affiliate fee will be waived, and they get a plaque for their gym.”

10. kylie says:

Okay, ladder question. Am I allowed to challenge Laura since Signe hasn’t chose a WOD in the past week?? Or shhvatt?? Because I picked some goood oneess:)
    Ps. The WOD today. I did not enjoy.

11. Jeremy Yoder says:

Wall Climbing WOD….I hated it…..I loved it…..I was soaking wet when I was done……my hat is off to whoever thought of that one..

-Black WOD – 24:54