1/26/11

Front squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Dave Lipson: 405-425-455-455-455lbs.
Pat Barber
: 264-286-286-319-330lbs(fail).
Post loads to comments.

THEN…

20 Turkish Get-ups for time (70/53 KB)(53/35)(35/26)

OR

Max Weight Turkish Get-up (with bar)

January “COOL” Board

– Jasmine – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a band
– Ash – 1st ever Ring Muscle Up
– Nate – 300 lb. Back Squat
– Bart – 25 HSPU’s
– Bart – 45 Ring Dips
– Bart – 15 Squares Handstand Walk
– Jen – 1st ever Ring Dip
– Krista – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
– Krista – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Chest-to-Bar Pull-Up
– Tara – 30 Consecutive Double-Unders
– Bobby – Handstand Walk length of gym (20 squares)
– Will – Free-standing HSPU
– Lance – No False Grip Muscle Up
– Jeff – 1st Muscle Up Ever
– Bryant – 10 Consecutive Muscle Ups
– Lindsay – Handstand Walk the length of the gym (20 squares)
– Lance – Consecutive Muscle Ups (3)

27 Responses to 1/26/11

1. Brian says:

Front Squat: 5×3 185, 205, 225, 240, 260 (Previous 1 rep PR)

Bart, Here are you options!
    1: Max Squat Snatch

6 Dead lift 135
    5 Push Press 135
    4 Squat Cleans 135
    3 OHS 135
    2 Rope Climb
    1 Muscle Up

The only assistance you can have is having someone tell you what is coming next. No Racks.

• Bart says:

Great challenges Brian! You got creative on these. One question, what is a “full tire jump” and are we using the small or large tire?

• Brian says:

A full tire jump is literally jumping over that big tire with out jumping in the middle. Jaime questioned whether I could do this myself and I have yet to try it so if we both can’t I’ll come up with something else. No use spraining a foot over a WOD.

2. Adam says:

Front squat – 3 rep max X5
    185, 195, 205, 215, 215 (old 1 rep max of 185)
    then attempted turkish get-ups…I’m going to wear a helmet the next time we do those.

Front Squat: 185-205-225-235-245(x2)
    Went too deep on rep 2 of last set, think my arse might have touched the ground, then I wasn’t fooling even myself when I attempted the 3rd rep

Turkish Get-Ups
    Black WOD as Rx’d – 8:46
    Much harder than I thought they would be, much respect for anyone that even finishes Black today!

Front Squat 5×3: 185, 205, 225, 235, 255 (PR for 3 rep max)

20 Turkish Get-ups @ 1pood — 7:59
    right side definitely stronger and more coordinated than my left side.

5. Will says:

For those wondering, the picture is of us playing hacky-sack with a 20lb medicine ball. Ok, it could have been a 6lb, but it was cool either way.

CFE WOD “Granny” (w 3x single leg jumps) – 9:11
    (My 2 favorite girls combined 🙂 )
    For Time:
    50 Double Under’s/ 50 Sit ups
    5 Clean & Jerk 135/95
    40 Du/40 Sit Up
    5 Clean & Jerk
    30Du/ 30 Sit up
    5 Clean & Jerk
    20 Du/ 20 Sit up
    5 Clean & Jerk
    10 Du/ 10 Sit up
    5 Clean & Jerk

Then, FS: 65-85-105-125
    Just working on finally being able to do full range of motion w my foot/ankle. Felt pretty good today..getting there 🙂

And no Turkish Get-ups, I tried but it’s still hard for me to balance on my right foot 🙁 Don’t think I could do 53# anyways thou!

7. Brian says:

Any one up for a challenge? 100 body weight squats for time. Apprantely D1 athletes (Iowa Football Players) can’t handle a Crossfit type WOD. 12 of them end up in the hospital with RABDO. hahahaha.

• Signe says:

I immediately thought of you guys when I heard it on the news last night!

(I’m sick sick sick so haven’t been in a while, hopefully next week.)

• Jeremy Yoder says:

I heard that the trainers had them doing 100 reps of back squat at 225 lbs…..I think that would tear up about anyone….for all the $$ they pay the trainers at that level they should know better…

8. Bart says:

Brian, full tire jumps are doable.

• Brian says:

looks like its game on. I plan to do it Tuesday morning!

• Bart says:

Sounds good. I’ll probably hit it this weekend.

Todays WOD: Front Squat 5×3
        185, 205, 225, f,f

20 Turkish Get-ups, 2 pood
        7:05

Poor showing on front squats today. Did another WOD with Nate after all this but don’t remember my time. It was a good burner: 20 GHD Wall Balls (10lbs), 30 Pushups, 40 OH Squat (45lbs), and 50 Pullups.

9. Bryant Pickering says:

Front squat 5×3
    135, 165, 185, 205, 225

Call out for Mr. Scott Krueger

1. Max Weight Push Up – stack plates on your back

2. Fran

3. For Time:
    25 Puck Flips (puck must start on the sticks blade and rotate at least 180 degrees before landing back on the blade without hitting the ground)
    50 Push Ups (hands must be holding the stick during the push ups)
    25 Puck Flips

*Must wear hockey gloves for the whole WOD
    *And bring your own gloves and stick
    **No 2 sided tape

11. Jen says:

Just an FYI. The online store on the main CrossFit website has a lot of their clothing on sale for 50% or more off the regular price. There are several t-shirts for only $5. Ladies, the pants that used to be $80 are only $30! They come in navy blue or black and it looks like most sizes are still available.

12. Nick says:

Cfe wod “granny” 12:42 not rx’d…
    Then….
    Cfe wod all out sprint (run)
    One min on one off
    One min on 50sec off
    1 min on 40 off
    1 min on 30off
    1 min on 20off
    1 min on 10 off
    Then back up the same way.. Treadmill would only go to 6min pace.

13. Jeremy Yoder says:

Challenge WOD Completed ADAM P
    6:07 as witnessed by Nate and Will

then…..20 TGU WOD using 1.5 pood (R) / 40 lb (L) in about 13 min

then…..Nates option WOD without the Wall Ball
    –20 GHD sit ups / 30 Push-ups / 40 OHS/45# / 50 Pull-ups
    7:41

14. Pingback: 9/4/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa