1/19/11

Seven rounds for time of:
3 Front squats (185/135) (135/95) (95/65)
7 L-pull-ups (Strict Pull-ups) (Strict Pull-ups w/ band)

Kevin Montoya 6:33, Chris Lofland 6:48, Candice Ruiz 8:55 (135lbs), Kristan Clever 9:33 (135lbs), Rebecca Voigt 11:51 (135lbs).
Post time to comments.

January “COOL” Board

-  Jasmine – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a band
–  Ash – 1st ever Ring Muscle Up
–  Nate – 300 lb. Back Squat
-  Bart – 25 HSPU’s
-  Bart – 45 Ring Dips
-  Bart – 15 Squares Handstand Walk
– Jen – 1st ever Ring Dip
– Krista – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
– Krista – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Chest-to-Bar Pull-Up
– Tara – 30 Consecutive Double-Unders
– Bobby – Handstand Walk length of gym (20 squares)
– Will – Free-standing HSPU
– Lance – No False Grip Muscle Up
– Jeff – 1st Muscle Up Ever
– Bryant – 10 Consecutive Muscle Ups
– Lindsay – Handstand Walk the length of the gym (20 squares)

– Lance – Consecutive Muscle Ups (3)

14 Responses to 1/19/11

1. Jim Noyce says:

Kylie – Here’s my challenge, subject to judge’s approval:

1) Row 500 meters for time. Then, you get the difference between 2:00 and your rowing time to do as many push-ups as you can. Whoever gets the most push-ups is the winner. Rest as long as you want between rowing and the push-ups. (For example, if you row in 1:45, you have 15 seconds to do your push-ups. If it takes you 2:00 or more to row, then your score is zero push-ups).

2) Kettle bell swing tabata (53#/35#).

3) 5 rounds of 1 rope climb and 7 burpees for time.

Good luck. Jim

2. Brian says:

Black WOD: 9:48 did the squats but wouldn’t count most of my pullups. More like bent knee and bent arm pullups. L pull ups full range of motion seem just about impossible!

Nate, I plan to back squat on Monday.

3. Brian says:

Sweet picture!

Black wod rx’d-ish – 16:27 … my “L” was a bit confused whether it was uppercase or lowercase

Adam P – I think I’m gonna do our challenge wod after work today. My body needs a full rest day tomorrow!

Blue (165#, L-ish PU) 9:23
    Lack of flexibility makes it tricky for a full L so it was more like raised knee pull ups. Nice work Adam and Brian taking that one on Rx’d

Black WOD – 19:23

My L-pullups were definitely pretty sad looking…but first boot-less WOD today, YEA!! Doctor said ease into things w/o the boot, SOO 135# fronts squats seemed about right, haha 🙂 Still a little scared to go all the way down, but at least lots better than lately w the boot on!!
    Running & jumping: T minus 3 weeks!!!!

Good job on the rope climbs, Bobby and Nick! Both very impressive!!

And so it’s official, here’s my challenge to Scott (already approved by Bobby & Brian):

(1) “Grace”
    30 Clean & Jerks for time (135/95)

(2) 3 rounds for time:
    5 Ring Pushups
    10 Ring Pullups
    15 Knees-to-Elbows on Rings

(3) AMRAP in 6:00 of:
    6 Left Arm KB Snatches (53/35)
    6 Right Arm KB Snatches (53/35)
    6 Pullups

Black WOD as Rx’d – 6:57 (10:07 on 3/30/10)
    Felt really good until about the 3rd or 4th round of L-PU’s haha

Then I did my challenge against Nick, as many rope climbs as you can do without coming off the rope (single foot touch at the bottom)
    Got up and down the rope 10 times, didn’t think that would happen

Nick, you should have taken the best of 4 events offer, mainly because I still want to do the other 3 workouts haha

9. Deb says:

Hey Todd….looks like I’m the lucky one that gets to pick one of your ladder challenges. I’m going to go with the 8 rounds of 100m and 8 burpees for time. I’ll most likely do this tomorrow. Thanks…and good luck (kind of). =)

10. Bart says:

Black WOD as Rx’d – 6:38. Held the L pullups strong which helped. It was good to be back after almost a week off. Lance, I know your gone until next week but check for my challenge on here in the next few days.