1/14/11

WOD

Tabata “Bottom to Bottom” Squat
Run 1 mile or Row 1600m

Clock starts for run on rising from last squat.

The Tabata Bottom to Bottom Squat is a Tabata Squat but each rep begins at the bottom and ends at the bottom. The turn around at the top is immediate – no pause. The ten-second rest for each interval is also held at the bottom of the squat as opposed to the top. Interestingly, this squat, in contrast to the “normal” Tabata squat, motivates full hip extension. Also, the ten second rests don’t seem as short with this protocol!

Austin Malleolo 18/6:17.
Post Tabata score and mile time to comments.

January “COOL” Board

-  Jasmine – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a band
–  Ash – 1st ever Ring Muscle Up
–  Nate – 300 lb. Back Squat
-  Bart – 25 HSPU’s
-  Bart – 45 Ring Dips
-  Bart – 15 Squares Handstand Walk
– Jen – 1st ever Ring Dip
– Krista – 1st ever Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
– Krista – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Rope Climb
– Jodi – 1st ever Chest-to-Bar Pull-Up
– Tara – 30 Consecutive Double-Unders
– Bobby – Handstand Walk length of gym (20 squares)
– Jaime – beat Bobby 🙂

30 Responses to 1/14/11

1. Tara says:

okay Bryant….I suppose I should step up and set a challenge 🙂

1. For Time: run at 2.0 incline and 9.8 setting on treadmill for as long as you can
    2. Handstand Walk down and back the length of gym in as few attempts as possible
    3. 3 Rounds for Time: 10 Deadlift (225/155) and 30 GHD situps

• Bryant Pickering says:

Deadlift and GHD WOD 🙂 you’re on. I probably won’t get to it till monday, just a heads up. Thanks for the call out, it’s game time!

2. Brian says:

Ladder Challenge WOD 4:20. Nice Work Greb! I had to give it everything and you were still on my arss the whole time!! Beat Jaime and you’ll get to pick the rematch!

Ladder Challenge for Scott: He picked 5 rounds 20 back squat 95 lbs. 20 pushups! This one should be close!

Challenge to Deb (maybe Shelley….depending on who wins the Deb/Shelley challenge).

1) Again Faster. 8 rds for time: 100 m. run and 8 burpees.
    2) Cindy: AMRAP in 20 min. : 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, and 15 air squats.
    3) 7 rounds for time: 1 rope climb and 5 handstand push ups.

WOD w Rowing: 15/6:56

Nick, good work this morning. I thought you had Brian! Here is your official Ladder Challenge (approved by Bobby):

(1) Max reps w/o setting the bar down: Push Press (95/65)
    – You can pick whether we both have to use guys bars or both girls bars, since Bobby made a good point about that making a difference!

(2) 3 rounds for time:
    10 Deadlifts (185# for both of us)
    30 GHD Situps

(3) AMRAP in 5:00 of:
    10 Pistols
    10 1-Leg Box Jumps (12″)
    – I obviously need to do all left leg for both, but I’ll let you pick if you want to alternate, that’s fine w me.

5. Adam P says:

Bottom to Bottoms suck to suck… 16/6:24 rowing. Had to stop about one minute into rowing because my legs cramped up so much.

6. Will says:

I would like to submit my free-standing HSPU as a January goal. Bobby has the video evidence. I’m also setting goals of a one arm pull-up and one arm handstand hold for three seconds.

7. Janet Jennings says:

I am going to pass on the ladder for now (got enough personal challenges to last a while 🙂 but will serve as the workout official for Bob’s challenges.

• Jaime says:

Sounds good, Janet! I hear you were impressing all the peeps down in Florida with your kipping pullups with the bands – keep up the good work 🙂

B-to-B Tabata Squat – 22
    Mile Run – 5:58

Then I did Justin’s Challenge WOD – 6:57, sorry J Dog

9. Lance says:

I chose to do my challenge wod from Adam S. today at the noon class. Now its Adams turn.

1000m row
    3 rounds of 10 Wall Balls(20#), 20 Box Jumps(30″), and 30 DUs
    1000m row to finish.

It was a fun one. Thanks Bobby, Casey, and the noontime class for the support!

Oh, and then a few muscle ups to finish it off…

B2B tabata squat – 12 (started way too ambitious and crashed), then
    Mile run on treadmill – 7:20

And I’m told Ash picked my rope climb / burpee wod – not sure yet when I’ll tackle that one

11. nick says:

CFE Wod 6rounds 2min on 1min off row. got to 3300m,

12. Bryant Pickering says:

10 muscle ups in a row.
    wod: 8 squats, 6:16 for 1600m row.
    first mu w/ 15# vest.

good day 🙂

13. Bart says:

Nice work Bryant! Your an animal.

14. nick says:

brian, jamie, bobby this is the web site i was talking about to make custom tri grear..

15. Jim Noyce says:

Julie:

Thanks for teaming up today. It was great to have a partner to work through “Bull”. Great job on everything – and especially thanks for carrying me on the overhead squats.

16. Deb says:

Thanks Bobby! How did it go today? Were u able to get the challenge in Shelley?

• Shelley says:

Did your poison WOD this morning – 13:31. My legs literally would not hold me up when I got off the GHD machine….those were crazy after all that rowing. At least your “poison” didn’t kill me. Sure am glad you get to experience one of Todd’s workouts instead of me.

• Deb says:

It was tough going from the rowing to the GHD machine! =) Great job…I’ll get ya next time…at least it was close! =)

17. Pingback: 9/10/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa