12/31/10

Black WOD

21-18-15-12-9 rep rounds of:
Power snatch (115/75)
Wallball shots (20/14)
Knees to elbows

Crystal McReynolds 14:01 (75lbs, 14lb ball), Austin Malleolo 14:05, Carey Kepler 14:08 (75lbs, 14lb ball), JC Nessa 15:24, Kevin Montoya 15:34, Mat Frankel 16:24, Lance Cantu 17:11, Heather Bergeron 18:55 (85lbs, 16lb ball), Stacey Kroon 19:23 (85lbs, 16lb ball), Kristan Clever 19:47 (85lbs, 16lb ball), Laurie Galassi 19:48 (78lbs, 14lb ball), Mel Ockerby 19:49 (85lbs, 14lb ball).
Post time to comments.

Blue WOD

21-18-15-12-9 rep rounds of:
Power snatch (75/45)
Wallball shots (14/10)
Knees to elbows

Grey WOD

21-18-15-12-9 rep rounds of:
Power clean (75/45)
Wallball shots (10/6)
Leg Raises

DECEMBER “COOL” BOARD:

– Erica Stone:  First Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
- Shelley Noyce:  Double digit max DUs (26)
– Lindsay Noyce:  Two consecutive Muscle Ups
– Brian Maro:  Muscle Up with 15 lb. vest
– Brian Maro:  15 Consecutive Butterfly PU’s
– Laura Mastin:  1st Strict Pull-Up
– Tara Krueger:  1 Rope Climb
– Joanie Houston:  Double Digit Pull-Ups (10 consecutive)
– Adam Porath:  Overhead Squat 85 lbs.
– Audra Wolfe:  First Kipping Pull-Up without the band
– Jaime Maro:  Handstand Walk 10 Squares, Walked 11 = 44 Feet
– Jim Noyce: 10 Consecutive Kipping Pull-Ups

Happy New Year’s Eve!

Last day for December goals – Congratulations to everyone for all the hard work in December and to all who accomplished goals…start thinking about your January goals 🙂

17 Responses to 12/31/10

Good job on the “kipping” pull ups, Dad! 😉

2. Brian says:

Black WOD 26: something. Was not my Day! I think Greber might have lapped me twice!! Nice work man!

3. Katie says:

Black WOD as Rxd- 23:36 (ish? can’t remember exactly) I get a C- on my snatch form and a D+ on actually getting my knees to my elbows.

Between the 50 K2E on Monday, the 60 GHDs on Tuesday, the 150 sit-ups Thursday, and the 75 K2E today, I think its safe to say my abs are a tad sore 🙂

Thanks for letting me join you guys this week! It’s been great.

• Jaime says:

Agreed on the abs – laughing and coughing are rough 😉 It was great working out with you all week – good job kicking my butt every day!! Of course when I lose the boot next year, I do want a re-match on this one!

Black WOD as Rx’d – 26:11
    Of course my “snatches” were more of “use my one leg as much as I could and then shoulder press it above my head!” Oh well – ground to overhead 🙂

Good job on the pullups, Dad. And NICE work on the KTEs this morning – saw you touch your elbows all 75 times – impressive!

5. Jodi says:

Heard 235 is closed…stupid weather! Won’t be making it in… I’ll just have to work extra hard next week. Happy New Year everyone! 🙂

7:57 amrap for the again faster wod 12 (6 kipping hspu, 8 over box jumps 20″, 10 dumbbell squat cleans 30#) – 3 rounds + 6 hspu
    Never struggled so much with kipping hspu – frustrating!!

I’m planning on doing today’s wod tomorrow. Anyone that wants to workout tomorrow is welcome to come to the gym when I’m there. I’ll post in the morning what time I’ll be there, or you can text me in the morning and I’ll let you know – 515.991.4955. Probably sometime between 11-1.

Have a safe NYE!!

45:22 Navyish Wod
    Used 115 but did a majority from the hang position…weight did touch the ground though after about every rep. Needless to say I spent a lot of time with the bar this morning. Nice job on “Bull” Bobby and Maloch! Nothing like struggling with 115 and seeing you two monsters squat snatch 145 into OH squats.

On that note, it’s been almost exactly 6 months since I started CF in the Noyce family garage. The gains that I have made psychically and the 515 community and family Lindsay and I have made have certainly made the transition from Denver to Des Moines a great one. Bobby, Jaime and Brian have done a great job so far and I can’t wait until 2011 to get better!

• Justin says:

*physically. I guess it has changed me psychically as well too haha

• Jaime says:

Thanks Justin. It’s so great to have you and Z back in town!! Keep up the great work!
      …and if it makes you feel any better, Bobby and Maloch were only throwing 135 overhead today 😉

• Bobby says:

The gains you have made are impressive Justin, your hard work is paying off! And I guarantee you will see even more progress in 2011. CrossFit…..The stuff works

“Bull” as Rx’d – 36:15, the last run got pretty nasty with the freezing rain
    2 Rounds:
    200 Double Unders
    50 Overhead Squats (135 lb.)
    50 Pull-Ups
    Run 1 mile

Thanks for the invite on this one Maloch, was definitely one that you need someone else suffering next to you to get through it together.

The rest of the gym can start mentally preparing for this one over the next couple weeks

I’ll be at the gym today from 1:00-3:00(ish) – anyone is welcome to join!

Happy New Year!!

10. Jim Noyce says:

Happy New Year everyone!!

I made one of my two goals in December – got the kipping pull-ups, but not the 50 consecutive double unders (although I’m getting better). I’m setting 3 goals for January:

1) 50 consecutive double unders (again)
    2) Learn kipping HSPUs
    3) Schedule a rest day when “Bull” is the WOD 🙂

11. nate says:

21:01 scaled to 95lbs. this one was awesome. TIme = BAD unbroken wallballs = win so this workout just cancels itself out. NATE STILL RULES

Black wod from yesterday – 21:44. Definitely not unbroken wallballs – nice job Nate! 75# was my max snatch 2 1/2 months ago and did 75 of them today – can’t complain about that … Crossfit … the stuff works 🙂

Black WOD as Rx’d – 18:08, power snatches are not a strong suit of mine, lots of press outs towards the end, BUT I got through all of them!

Thanks for the encouragement Lance, Bart, and Justin!

Justin, I’m predicting the muscle up tomorrow morning if you come.