12/30/10

Janet and Bob‘s last day for a while…..so they were in charge of picking today’s WODs.  It is an either/or option today.

Janet’s Pick – “Annie”

50-40-30-20-10 For Time of:

Double Unders (3 X for Single)

Ab-Mat Sit-Ups (chest-to-knees)

Bob’s Pick – “Tommy V”  (sub for all rope climbs is 3 Rope climb progressions for 1 climb)

Black WOD
For Time:
21 Thrusters (115/75) OR Run 400 meters
12 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)
15 Thrusters (115/75) OR Run 400 meters
9 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)
9 Thrusters (115/75) OR Run 400 meters
6 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)

Blue WOD
For Time:
21 Thrusters (95/65) OR Run 400 meters
6 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)
15 Thrusters (95/65) OR Run 400 meters
4 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)
9 Thrusters (95/65) OR Run 400 meters
2 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)

Grey WOD
For Time:
21 Thrusters (65/35) OR Run 400 meters
3 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)
15 Thrusters (65/35) OR Run 400 meters
2 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)
9 Thrusters (65/35) OR Run 400 meters
1 Rope Ascents (15 Foot Rope)

Rob Orlando doing CRAZY Stuff

DECEMBER “COOL” BOARD:

– Erica Stone:  First Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
- Shelley Noyce:  Double digit max DUs (26)
– Lindsay Noyce:  Two consecutive Muscle Ups
– Brian Maro:  Muscle Up with 15 lb. vest
– Brian Maro:  15 Consecutive Butterfly PU’s
– Laura Mastin:  1st Strict Pull-Up
– Tara Krueger:  1 Rope Climb
– Joanie Houston:  Double Digit Pull-Ups (10 consecutive)
– Adam Porath:  Overhead Squat 85 lbs.
– Audra Wolfe:  First Kipping Pull-Up without the band
– Jaime Maro:  Handstand Walk 10 Squares, Walked 11 = 44 Fee
t

14 Responses to 12/30/10

1. Katie says:

Annie 5:56 as Rxd

2. Tara says:

Annie 9:01 as Rxd, darn doubleunders were going too well today.

Wednesday’s WOD 10:41.
    Got to run outside for the first time in a while…in a T-shirt! It wasn’t difficult to talk myself out of Tommy V. What is the price for those used Flight 195’s Bobby? And can you guarantee results?

Annie as rx’d – 13:38
    Sure thought I could have done better but hit a wall after the 40 DUs….darn cold I got yesterday (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it). I did set a PR but already can’t wait to do this one again.
    Jaime, nice job on the handstand walks…..impressive.

We’ll miss you, Bob & Janet – have fun in Florida 🙂 Good choices on WODs, however no rope climbs for me yet, and I did enough 1-leg jump ropes yesterday for a while, so…

101 Push Press Challenge:
    For time – 101 Push Press (95/65) w 3 burpee penalty each time you set the bar down
    10:27 as R’xd – with NO burpee penalties 😉

Thanks for doing that craziness with me Adam – it made me feel better knowing someone else was doing it too. Awesome job this morning on the rope climbs, Bob, Jim, & Jen!!

6. Susan Katelman says:

Love the photo of my crossfit BFF’s ! Janet, I will really miss you the next few months, I am going to be in a little corner by myself now!
    Hybrid workout for me today Grey TommyV, then added the Annie without DU’s, I am hoping to get these someday, very frustrating.

We will definitely miss you at 515 Janet and Bob!!! Enjoy Florida’s weather for all of us. And make sure you find a crossfit where you can take your shirt off haha.

Last night I did both of these workouts
    Annie as Rx’d – 5:01
    Tommy V as Rx’d – 15:51, had always wanted to try this one, it only took Bob’s suggestion after a year to finally make me go up and down that rope 27 times

8. Janet says:

Was fun for us to pick the workouts today. Thx! We will miss EVERYONE. Keep up the good work and we will try to represent 515 well in Florida. Unfortunately with our shirts on!!

9. Jeremy Yoder says:

PR – Annie : (2 mins 9 secs better than the last time) @ 8:06

10. signe says:

Tommy V with 25#, 6:38. Did an mini Annie, 30-30-20-20-10-10, not for time, just for fun. Good workout! Thanks for all the advice and letting me observe rope climbing today.

11. Pingback: 2/17/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa