12/20/10

Thompson

Black WOD

10 rounds for time of:
15 ft Rope Climb, 1 ascent
95/65 pound Back squat, 29 reps
135/95 pound barbells Farmer carry, 10 meters

Begin the rope climbs seated on the floor.

Karianne Dickson 28:33 (65lb squat, 95lb carry), Kristan Clever 33:44 (65lb squat, 95lb carry), Kevin Montoya 39:38.
Post time to comments.

Blue WOD

10 rounds for time of:
3 Rope Climb Progressions/5 Strict Pull-Ups
65/45 pound Back squat, 29 reps
95/65 pound barbells Farmer carry, 10 meters

Grey WOD

10 rounds for time of:
2 Rope Climb Progressions/5 Strict Pull-Ups (with Band)
45/25 pound Back squat, 29 reps
60/40 pound Dumbbells Farmer carry, 10 meters

DECEMBER “COOL” BOARD:

– Erica Stone:  First Kipping Pull-Up without a Band
- Shelley Noyce:  Double digit max DUs(12)
– Lindsay Noyce:  Two consecutive Muscle Ups
– Brian Maro:  Muscle Up with 15 lb. vest
– Brian Maro:  15 Consecutive Butterfly PU’s

– Laura Mastin:  1st Strict Pull-Up

22 Responses to 12/20/10

Awesome job on the pull up, Laura!! Next step: kipping 🙂

Thanks for everyone that came out to Lincoln! It was so much fun … And it always helps to WIN!! Yea CF 515!

• Todd says:

So give up the specifics. You won. Very cool. How many teams? What were the workouts? Any drama?

• Brian says:

There were six teams! Each team was responsible for completing all the named Girl work outs that we have on our records board. For the most part things went smoothly! They had a solid game plan! Hopefully Bobby puts up some of the videos I shot!

Congratulations to the 515 affiliate team today for winning their competition in Lincoln!!!!! You guys all did awesome 🙂

3. Susan Katelman says:

Great work everyone in Lincoln!
    you should all be really proud of yourselves and teammates.
    your hard work has paid off and hope that you all had fun.

4. Will says:

NICE WORK EVERYONE!

5. Jeremy Yoder says:

Nice job TEAM!!! Wish I could have been there to watch 🙂

6. Tara says:

Congrats CF515 team today! Wish I could have been there! 🙂 Thanks for filling in Heather!!!

7. Andi says:

Great job, CF515!! Love the photos!

8. Brian says:

Thompson: Black WOD 37:37. Rope climbs from the ground but couldn’t pull off the ground with out my feet touching.

Have to say watching Team CF515 yesterday was quite a clinic. There was no shortage of talent at the competition and it really wasn’t close. Next year I hope to have at least two teams go! It was a ton of fun to be there and actually see that CF is a sport not just a work out!!

• Shelley says:

Well said, Brian. And congrats team; what a bunch of fit, talented athletes. Wish I could have been there to enjoy the atmosphere of the competition……next time.

9. Bart says:

Awesome job guys! Wish I could have been there to see it.

“Thompson” (very modified) – 53:28
    7 rounds:
    5 Strict Pull-ups
    29 GHD situps
    10m Handstand walk

Really can’t wait to try this one for real thou when my foot is finally better…some day!

Since Todd asked for a recap, I’ll give my 2 cents 🙂

Brian’s right, things went smoothly and they pretty much dominated the thing. They had a good plan, and even when they threw a couple curve balls in rules changes at them, the team handled it well and simply said, kicked butt! It was so hard for me to just sit there, but what a fun even to watch (can’t wait till next time so I can participate!!!!!)

Here are my favorite/noteworthy things that happened yesterday at the competition (I think in order of occurrence):
    1. Their judge, “Do you guys plan on scaling anything?”
    Team, “No, we won’t scale anything.”
    Judge, “Ok, you don’t PLAN on having to?”
    Maloch, “No, we WONT scale anything – the rest of the team will just stand there and yell at the person until they find a way to do it!”
    …started the tone off well 🙂
    2. Laura just about dropping her very first KB swing in Helen on her head after coming in from running in the cold, and then quickly recovering and whipping them all out unbroken.
    3. Bobby beating CrossFit (aka pucking!!) I think twice – and then continue to dominate everything 🙂
    4. Bryant doing 21 ring dips in Elizabeth faster than I think I’ve seen anyone do them before – and then the look on Bobby’s face that said, “What, that’s all the break I get between 21 squat cleans and 15 squat cleans?!?!” (This was of course after Bobby had already done Grace with SQUAT clean & jerks).
    5. Maloch and Heather discussing who should do the OHS in Nancy. Went something like this:
    Heather, “Maloch, do you want me to do the OHS’s?”
    Maloch, “Can you do all 5 sets of 15 unbroken?”
    Heather, “I don’t know.”
    Maloch, “Then NO!”
    BYW, he did them all unbroken…as if there were any doubt 🙂
    6. Watching everyone else watch Bobby do DUs in Annie. I think I could read some of their minds – “I wish I could do that!”
    7. After a last minute strategy change on the AMRAPs, Lindsay and Heather absolutely CRUSHING Cindy, especially all the pushups, and keeping up with the guys twice their size on the other teams! Very cool girls 8)
    8. Bobby trying so hard to hang on the bar on his last round of max pullups in Nicole (the very last WOD). Everyone was either yelling “Hold on” or “Fall off”
    9. Laura doing her first strict pullup ever for a picture after the competition was over.
    10. And finally, Bobby, Z and Bryant almost driving off with the Traveling Trophy on top of their car!! Hahaha

Ok, maybe more then 2 cents, but one more thing –
    Again, GREAT job to Laura, Heather, Lindsay, Maloch, Bryant and Bobby. You guys were amazing and represented CrossFit 515 perfectly!!

• Erica says:

Way to go, guys! Thanks for sharing, Jaime!

• Brian says:

hahahahaha. Perfect Summary!!! Heather and Malock have to be the best husband and wife CF combo! Heather did awesome on all the pushups and after I think she had done better than 100 Malock was right there to give her encouragement. I mean right there, like 6 inches from her ear!! hahaha. I wish they would come to class more often! Point being, everyone had a good time and next year we should be taking at least three teams. We have a lot of people getting very good very quickly!

12. Angela, a judge from the Challenge says:

Congrats guys! Thanks for coming down and participating! You did an awesome job and have some great talent in your gym. Hopefully you will come next year and take another shot at bringing home the trophy!

• Bobby says:

Thanks for the invitation! We had a blast and you guys did a great job of judging and running everything at the event smoothly! It was really something neat to watch so many talented athletes killing themselves all in the name of some friendly competition. We will definitely be looking forward to next year!!!

• Maloch says:

It was truly a display of great competition and community. For the record, I took some heat for my “encouragement” while Heather was doing pushups…

Headed to GA for the holidays, but we will be back in full force in 2011!

• Lindsay says:

Thanks, Angela!! You guys put on an amazing event, and we all had an awesome time. I think you will definitely be seeing us again next year 🙂

13. Jodi says: