11/10/10

“Brenton”

Black WOD

Five rounds for time of:
Bear crawl 100 feet
Standing broad-jump, 100 feet

Do three Burpees after every five broad-jumps. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Kevin Montoya 8:01 (20lb vest), Dave Leys 9:15 (20lb vest), Lucas Zepeda 10:16 (20lb vest), Laurie Galassi 11:20 (18lb belt), Pat Sherwood 14:00 (20lb armor).
Post time to comments.

Black WOD

Five rounds for time of:
Bear crawl 100 feet
Standing broad-jump, 100 feet

Do three Burpees after every five broad-jumps.

Grey WOD

Five rounds for time of:
Bear crawl 100 feet
Standing broad-jump, 100 feet

Do three Burpees after every five broad-jumps.

Workout Demo at CrossFit Santa Cruz

19. Katie Claeys – 35
19. Bryant Pickering – 35
21. Adam Soyer – 30
21. Todd Fox – 30
23. Andi Christenson – 25
24. Angie Starmer – 10

CQOD:  What is the name of “the little dog with a big imagination…….and such a little tail”?  (30 Cool Points)

22 Responses to 11/10/10

1. Neil says:

Wishbone!!!

2. Jeremy Yoder says:

I guess that makes me the old dude….I watched Smurfs, Scooby Doo, Fresh Prince of Bel Aire and Family Matters 🙂

3. Neil says:

Tough one. I’m gonna say that it means family is important. I’m basing that off of the theme song: “as the days go by, its the bigger love of the family.” Side note, in my head it was tough to come up with that because I kept switching to the Full House theme.

Fun fact: Steve Urkel was only supposed to be in a couple of early episodes, but the viewers responded so well to him that he became a huge part of the show.

“Brenton”
    Black WOD as Rx’d – 7:32 (with Juan Pablo on my back)

That was a fun one, in a sick CrossFitty kind of way 🙂

• Brian says:

I think I could have beat you today had I know that Enrique had gained an extra five pounds! Pretty sure he came in at 25 pounds vs Juan Pablo at 20 pounds!

5. Brian says:

Black WOD 10:58. It looked so easy on paper!

6. Jen says:

Blue WOD – 15:14

Not happy with that at all! It took me 4 rounds to figure out that I could save a ton of time and energy doing smaller, quicker jumps. No matter what, I was going to have 3 sets of Burpees each round. Should definitely PR next time 🙂

Black WOD 9:54 … I think that was my first wod ever with the 20 lb vest! That was a fun one – nice to mix it up with totally random movements every once in awhile 🙂

8. Kate says:

My Bday Workout
    11 Rounds
    10 HSPU (did on dips bars, made it to the 11 round and had to come down at 9 and finish the last one solo)
    34 WL with 45#
    Then 76 Throwdowns
    All under 30 min.

9. Jeremy Yoder says:

Brain….are you seriously saying that the vest we wore accidentely had more than 20# in it? Not that it mattered….it was killer no matter if you had 20 or 20+………

Blue WOD as rx’d – 9:05 Those last 3 burpees were soooooo tough. I definitely felt like I had Juan Pablo on my back.