10/27/10

Snatch Balance 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Then………

Black WOD

3 Rounds For Time:

10 Overhead Squats (135/95)

50 Double Unders

Blue WOD

3 Rounds For Time:

10 Overhead Squats (95/65)

50 Double Unders OR 150 Singles

Grey WOD

3 Rounds For Time:

10 Overhead Squats (65/45)

150 Single Jumps

WOD Demo with Spealler from Northwest Regionals (for Macs)

WOD Demo with Spealler from Northwest Regionals (for PCs)

Cool Points Standings:

15. Bryant Pickering – 35
17. Jodi Noble – 35
18. Adam Soyer – 30
18. Todd Fox – 30
20. Andi Christenson – 25
21. Angie Starmer – 10

CQOD:  Who is the first character to speak in the original Star Wars? (40 Cool Points)

22 Responses to 10/27/10

1. Jim Noyce says:

Luke Skywalker?

2. teague says:

c3po, arent they walking in the sand

3. kam says:

r2d2 – just wild guess here. I’ve actually never seen the movies.

• Brian says:

We have all six if you want them and have literally watched them start to finish more than once.

• Will says:

I’m sorry, what was that?

Kam, I’m not saying you’re gonna suffer any repercussions for saying you’ve never seen Star Wars, but don’t be surprised if you try to check in tomorrow and the computer says your membership has been terminated.

4. Kate says:

anyone else getting the rope talk when they click on WOD?
    It is really slowing the site down.

5. Brian says:

Snatch Balance
    135-155-175-185-200(F)-200(F)-200(PR!!) Previous was 145.

Will do the WOD at the noon class!

If I could create a nightmare WOD, this is what it would resemble. OH squats make me feel like it’s my first day of CF again. Still ugly and inefficient but hopefully getting better.

12:53 Blue WOD…yikes.

Snatch Balance – 100 lbs.
    Navy wod (85 lb OHS & DUs) – 8:20. Pretty sure clocking myself in the head with 85 lbs in the middle of round 2 slowed me down.

BUT after the wod I did prove Bobby wrong on my ability to do chest to bar pull-ups 🙂 Impressed, bro?

Snatch Balance 135-155-185-205(f)-205-225(f)-225(f)-225(f)-225(f)-……not exactly sure how many times I failed on 225 but I should have gotten it

Black WOD as Rx’d – 4:10, not very happy with this, lot’s of dumb mistakes

9. Jen says:

Blue WOD – 6:47 – Did singles instead of DU
    Need to remember to chalk my hands for the OHS. My hands started sliding out to the plates during round 2. Had to stop just to regrip a couple of times. Much better with chalk on round 3!

10. Kate says:

10-20-30-20-10
    65# SDHP
    Box
    Ring Pushups
    1 min plank to follow each round

Ok so I did it! After a 2 mile run this morning in the wind I hit it again this afternoon with a 20# vest. 1 mile 8:43 half of it against the insane wind. Not too bad but I know I can do better.

11. Jodi says:

OHS – #55
    Singles – stupid double unders!!!
    6:02

12. kam says:

Black WOD – 11:40
    I think at one point I did 9 DU’s in a row. Most definitely a PR.

13. jaime says:

Snatch Balance: 85-95-105-115-125-135-145(fail=dropped it on my head 🙁 )
    Black WOD as R’xd – 7:54 …frustrating.

14. Jeremy says:

Blue WOD – Infinity… Got all 150 DU’s, but I had 4 singles for each double…

Thanks Guys, for keeping the gym open late for me.

15. Pingback: 6/6/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa