10/12/10

Jack

Army Staff Sgt. Jack M. Martin III, 26, of Bethany, Oklahoma, assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group, Fort Lewis, Wash., died September 29th, 2009, in Jolo Island, Philippines, from the detonation of an improvised explosive device. Martin is survived by his wife Ashley Martin, his parents Jack and Cheryl Martin, and siblings Abe, Mandi, Amber and Abi.

Black WOD

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
10 Push press (115/85)
10 KB Swings (53/35)
10 Box jumps (24″)

Mikko Salo 18 rounds + 10 PP, Kristan Clever 15 rounds (85lb, 1 pood, 24″), Chris Gosler 14 rounds + 3 KB, Chris Spealler 14 rounds + 5 PP, Rebecca Voigt 13 rounds + 5 PP (85lb, 1 pood, 24″), Stacey Kroon 10 rounds + 3 KB (85lb, 1.5 pood, 24″), Kim Malz 10 rounds (80lb, 1 pood, 24″). Post rounds completed to comments.

Blue WOD

13. Katie Claeys – 35
14. Todd Fox – 30
15. Andi Christenson – 25
15. Grant Waltz – 25
17. Kam Kielhorn – 10
17. Angie Starmer – 10

CQOD:  How many signers of the Declaration of Independence were there? (35 Cool Points)

34 Responses to 10/12/10

No idea, I am gonna go with 11

Anybody give me 20 to 1 odds on beating Mikko tomorrow?

• Jaime says:

Oh come on, it’s only about a rep every 2 secs right?! 🙂 Didn’t u average a rep every 1.5 secs for Filthy 50…just have to do that for 6 more min w heavier weight!

3. Bryant Pickerin says:

56 patirots 🙂 they laid down their lives for us to be free!

4. Jen says:

Definitely not one of my better days. Push Press really got me. Maybe it was the 150 Push Ups yesterday!

Mostly Black WOD – 7 Rounds + 10 PP, 10 KBS, 8 BJ
    65# PP, 35# KBS, 24″ BJ

5. Angie says:

Black As Rx’d 11 Rounds plus 7 PP (no rack).
    Skills: Back Squat 5-5-5 (75/80/85%) 145/155/165

Oh darn, I just realized I have the day “off” tomorrow, Brian….teehee!!!!! Have fun with that!! 🙂

Great work everyone. Thank you “Jack” for your service.

“Jack” Black WOD as R’xd – 10 rounds + 8 PP

Wow, that was a good one!! Nice job everybody!

7. Brian says:

Black WOD Rxd 10 rounds plus 10 pp.

I do not like AMRAPs!

“Jack”
    Black WOD as Rx’d – 11 Rds + 16, oh and it doesn’t say it in the description but I did 12 powercleans as well, need to get credit for those right Jaime haha

Honestly I still don’t know what hurts the worst on me right now, death by PU’s MESSED me up real good yesterday 🙂

• Jaime says:

Credit granted 🙂
      Seriously thou, when has something like that not been from the ground?? Look on the bright side, at least you did all yours unbroken…I think I did 18 power cleans!!

9. Nathan says:

I don’t know what got me on this wod. I am ninety nine percent sure it was the strict presses before than the push presses. 9rds + 5 pp

Blue WOD as rx’d – 10 rounds plus 6 PP
    I was just a tad bit sore today from all those pushups (or at least my attempt at pushups) yesterday so don’t feel too bad about my score. Anytime I can actually do 100 20″ box jumps in a workout I’m happy! I worked out next to Megan, the Energizer Bunny on those PP, so I had extra motivation.

11. Jodi says:

PP – #55/KB #35/20″ box jumps – 10 rounds even

Thanks for yelling @ me Nate & Will – I was struggling major!!!

Black WOD – 7 rounds + a big ONE PP 🙂 … + about 25 cleans

Pretty sure I spent 80% of the time circling my push press bar

13. Pingback: 1/23/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa

14. ipad 3 says:

I personally think this article is fabulous. I agree with much of the information here and am inspired to read more on this topic. Thank you for keeping things interesting.

15. I wish I could give you an award for this content. Your article rates a blue ribbon in my opinion. This is great quality content.

16. Do You Know The Different Choices For Piles Treatment?