10/05/10

25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps (20″)
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings (2/1.5 pood)
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang DB squat cleans (35/25)
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots (20/14)
3 Rope climb ascents

Pat Barber 10:30, Peter Egyed 12:27, Chris Gosler 12:29, Kristan Clever 14:02 (24″ box, 1.5pood KB, 25lb DB clean, 16lb ball, 6 12′ ascents), Austin Malleolo 14:36 (with 20lb vest), Heather Bergeron 14:51 (1.5pood, 25lb DB, 14lb ball), Tamaryn Venter 16:16 (1.5pood, 10Kg DB, 5Kg ball). Post time to comments.

Blue WOD

For time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups (w band)
50 Box jumps (20″/12″)
60 Single jumps
25 Ring dips (w band)
20 Leg Raises
30 Kettlebell swings (1.5/1 pood)
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang DB squat cleans (25/15)
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots (14/10)
15 Rope pulls to feet from ground

Grey WOD

For time:
15 Walking lunge steps
10 Pull-ups (w band)
25 Box jumps (12″)
30 Single jumps
15 Dips (on box)
10 Leg Raises
15 Kettlebell swings (26/18 lb)
15 Sit-ups
10 Hang DB squat cleans (15/10)
15 Supermans
15 Wall ball shots (10/6)
5 Rope pulls to feet from ground

12. Erica Sholly – 30
14. Andi Christenson – 25
14. Grant Waltz – 25
16. Travis Herink – 20
17. Kam Kielhorn – 10
17. Angie Starmer – 10

CQOD: What is the only current TV show that has a theme song with no lyrics? (50 Cool Points)

28 Responses to 10/05/10

The office, Mad Men, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, House…and probably many more

House

kaBOOOOM all tied up

Ok, I should lose cool points for this one…question should read:
    “What is the LONGEST RUNNING current TV show that has a theme song with no lyrics?”
    …need to start proof reading my questions before the race to answer begins 🙂

4. Nate says:

Is it the Simpsons?

Black Rx’d – 19:43
    Double unders continue to be frustrating and time consuming. First time climbing rope was today in the WOD…it was interesting…

Black wod – around 30:00, if I can even count my last stupid rope climb.

First time doing real(ish) ring dips in a workout, and first time doing 1.5 pood kb swings. SO this wod pretty much destroyed me. When I was taking off my shoe, my calf cramped up and I spent about 5 minutes collapsed on the floor in the shower room panicing. Good start to my day 🙂

Black WOD as Rx’d – 13:36 (wore Juan Pablo again today)

8. Jen says:

Did a Black/Blue WOD combo – 20:21

Was mostly Blue WOD but did 20″ BJ, 20# DB, and 14# WB. Red band for pull ups and ring dips.

Big group at 0730. Great job, everyone!

9. Andi says:

Days of our Lives?

10. Brian says:

Black WOD 15:06 rx!

I was moving thru this WOD with no problem until the double unders. So frustrating to waste at least a 1:30 doing 20 of them. Something to work on! Great participation in the morning classes! Class is so much fun when we have a lot of people!

11. Jim Noyce says:

So just about the time I’m thinking “Hey, I’m not in too bad of shape. Yesterday, I ran a mile and a half, and did a whole bunch of sit-ups and back extensions”, you hit me with a humbling killer workout. After the box jumps (all 50 at 20 inches), I was toast. Arguably, I didn’t have one rep at anything after that would have been counted in competition. And I was literally afraid to climb the rope I was so tired; so I did the pulls to feet from ground. 29:12 of Black and Blue, and I felt bruised.

12. Jim Noyce says:

As for the Cool points, how about “60 Minutes”? I don’t even know if it has a theme song, but it’s been on forever.

Black WOD as R’xd – 18:28
    I liked that one (minus the ring dips!!!)

14. Angie says:

15:30 As Rx’d
    Knees to Elbows take me forever. (sigh)

15. nathan says:

14:19 I let Andi do the timing and the pushing for some reason she was really mean and I don’t think she timed correctly.

• Shelley says:

In case you haven’t noticed Nate, she has a pretty good excuse to be mean and not herself! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, Andi.

Blue WOD as rx’d – 16:34
    All I can say is “WOW”. After the last two days WODs and the tennis matches I’ve played immediately following, my body is screaming for a rest day tomorrow so I think I will obey. What a fun atmosphere today though and all the encouragement.

17. Lance says:

Black Rxd 16:xx. That was a fun wod. First time in my life I have climbed a rope. Thanks Nate a Brian for the instruction and encouragement today.

18. Pingback: 4/23/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa