9/27/10

“Kelly”

Black WOD

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Box jump, 24 inch box
30 Wall ball shots, 20/14 pound ball

Kim Malz 32:57 (24″ box, 14lb ball). Post time to comments.

Blue WOD

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Box jump, 20 inch box
30 Wall ball shots, 14/10 pound ball

Grey WOD

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Box jump, 12 inch box
30 Wall ball shots, 10/6 pound ball

White WOD

Three rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters

8. Carolyn Grammens– 65
8. Shelley Noyce – 65
10. Andi Christenson – 25
11. Kam Kielhorn – 10
11. Angie Starmer – 10
13. Katie Claeys – 5

CQOD:  What was the name of the coffee shop in the TV show Friends?  (30 Cool Points)

26 Responses to 9/27/10

Perk City

BooYaa Lindsay…..IN THE FACE

2. Lance says:

Ok, Im starting to question the sanity of our trainers. Wall balls and deadlifts Thursday. Fight Gone Bad on Saturday with wall balls and box jumps and then “Kelly” with wall balls and box jumps two days later. Somebody really likes doing wall balls.

• Bobby says:

EVERYBODY LIKES WALLBALLS 🙂

We will either get really good at them or die trying right Lance? haha

And I’m not sure what your complaining about…..
      Lance = good at running
      Lance = good at box jumps
      Lance = good at wallballs
      Lance = good at longer metcons
      Maybe it should be called “Lance” instead of “Kelly”

3. Brian says:

Kelly Black WOD rxd. 22:35

I’ll take just finishing when it involves running!

Awesome turn out 5:30 am Class!! I think it is sooo much fun when you have a lot of people giving it everything they have to complete the WOD. I was very impressed. Lets keep the good attendance and good work and everyone will begin to the see the results they are looking for!

Black Kelly rx’d: 26:53
    Kelly was my first [crossfit workout] back in March. Felt good to give her another go, and took 3 min off my time. I need to get better at wall balls! Hate those.

Black WOD: 21:07.

“Kelly”
    Black WOD as Rx’d – 16:52, my goal was 17:30, I’m very happy with my time for once 🙂

Done Kelly 3 times
    1/22/10 – 24:46
    5/11/10 – 19:13
    9/27/10 – 16:52
    And I won’t lie I thought I was in REALLY good shape before I started CrossFit (apparently I was wrong), and I didn’t see how I could ever do this workout any faster after the first time I did it…..maybe this CrossFit stuff works?????

7. Jen says:

Great times, Everyone! Kind of embarrassed to post my Blue WOD time of 33:27 🙂 I had absolutely no energy this morning, so I’m just glad I showed up and completed the WOD at all! Great job 0730 Ladies! Shelley, we conquered the 20″ box and didn’t let it defeat us! Way to go!

• Jaime says:

Definitely nothing about any of the performances this morning to be embarrassed about, esp yours – awesome job this morning sticking to the 20″ box the whole way! Great race between you and Shelley too – that was fun to watch!!!

• Shelley says:

Yes, Jen we certainly did!! Sure glad you were there. I kept looking over at you and saw you still doing the 20″ box so of course I couldn’t give up on it. Thanks for the push.

“Kelly” Black WOD as Rx’d – 25:23

This was my first time actually doing this Rxd. I hate not being able to compare apples to apples, but I’ve done a harder version each time and gotten faster, guess I can’t argue with that 🙂
    1/22/10 – 29:49 (18″ box, 8′ wallball line)
    3/05/10 – 28:52 (20″ box, 8′ wallball line)
    3/21/10 – 27:11 (24″ box, 8′ wallball line)
    Today – 25:23 (24″ box, 10′ wallball line)

Blue WOD as rx’d 33:25 And I am proud of it! That is more 20″ box jumps than I’ve done (even if you add up ALL my previous 20″ jumps). That box is very intimidating when you are old and tired!

10. Kamron Kielhorn says:

Bobby – I forgot to pack my shoes today, but since you threatened to never tell me the workouts in advance if I bailed on tonight’s class, I’ll still come.

Maybe I’ll be better at box jumps if I wear wingtips?

11. Brian says:

Megan is our new definition of “giving it your all”

At the noon class, nate and I see Megan bent over on the run. Nate says did she puke?

We asked her when she got back and here is the quote of the day! “No but I was dry heaving, If I puke no worries I will finish this work out no matter what” hahaha! Nice Job Megan!!

12. Kam says:

Black WOD as rxd
    28:00
    Brutal

13. Pingback: 2/18/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa