9/24/10

TEAM WOD

*Break up in to teams of 4 members

As Many Reps As Possible (AMRAP) in 16 Minutes of:

200 Meter Run

Toes-to-Bar (Sub is leg raises)

Kettlebell Swings (53/35)

Rest

**One team member will be at each station and they will rotate to the next position as the team member running returns

**You will keep score of the TOTAL REPS of Toes-to-Bar and KB Swings

8. Carolyn Grammens– 65
8. Shelley Noyce – 65
10. Andi Christenson – 25
11. Kam Kielhorn – 10
11. Angie Starmer – 10
13. Katie Claeys – 5

CQOD:  Approximately how many pounds does 20 kilograms weigh? (20 Cool Points)

21 Responses to 9/24/10

1. Nathan says:

44lbs Chris Spealler weighs 63kg hahahah

• Bobby says:

Nathan is Cool, I guess 🙂

And bonus 10 points – how much does 135 lb. weigh? Jaime, wink wink nudge nudge

• Jaime says:

I’m apparently not quite cool enough to get something Bobby thinks I should know easily…
        My first thought was a certain 2010 games competitor to remain nameless, but I’m pretty sure she’s only 125 🙂
        So here’s my guess: Bobby’s goal for weighted pullup. Bobby’s Reason: “It’d be cool to know that I could save any girl I’d date if we were hanging off the side of a cliff, and I could pull us both up to safety.” How romantic 😉

2. Kamron Kielhorn says:

Team Awesome : Score = 646

Looking back, we should have stopped once we hit a score of “515”
    It would have been a cool, symbolic score, plus we would have been resting more instead of doing those not-so-fun KB swings. Just a thought.

• Andi says:

Kam – you’re going in the morning now?

• Bobby says:

I almost had to call up my copyright attorney, but I will let it slide, you can have “Team Awesome” I guess, but there is only 1 and will only ever be 1 “Team
      AWESOMENESS”. My co-captain has been absent as of late but we are still accepting applications and holding occasional try-outs.

3. Will says:

Cool video, terrible music to workout to!

Of course my standard is:
    Can you understand what they’re saying?
    Yes = no good
    No = TURN IT UP!

4. Deb Riehm says:

The team WOD was a lot of fun. We had 5 so had to add pushups to ours. What a great workout!

• Shelley says:

I agree!! The team WOD was lots of fun…..and I even got to work on my new found skill (toes to bar). Of course doing one of a skill when you are fresh is very different than doing numerous reps of that skill, especially when you are tired.

5. Nathan says:

REDEMPTION IS MY JAMIE MARO 5 + 5!!!!!!

6. Susan Katelman says:

I am still awake and standing after WOD at noon, I think it is the middle of the night Croatia time.
    Thought the team workout was great and I am glad to be back.
    Had to use the baby kettle bells tho…hopefully not by next week.

• Nathan says:

Susan you are a bull in a china shop, ever time you hit the door running impressive

• Shelley says:

Welcome back!!! I’m really impressed that you worked out today despite your jet lag. (Did you really eat that must gelato?) If you’re available, come tomorrow at 8:00 for another team WOD. We’ve missed you!

7. Katie claeys says:

How many cool points does Nate lose for swearing and mispelling the swear word???? 🙂 I’m going to try to stop by tomorrow and catch some FGB action, but I will have two future Crossfitters with me, both who go a little crazy at the gym. If I don’t make it, good luck to everybody participating- hope everything runs smoothly for the hosting gym!

• Jaime says:

Hahaha, she might have a point on this one Nate (especially since you spelled my name wrong too 🙂 ) Hope to see you and the boys tomorrow!!!