9/21/10

Could be a day for new gym records to be set with…

FRAN!!!!!!!!!!

8. Nate Christensen – 65
9. Shelley Noyce – 45
10. Andi Christenson – 25
11. Kam Kielhorn – 10
12. Angie Starmer – 10
13. Katie Claeys – 5

CQOD:  What is Mark Twain’s real name? (30 Cool Points) Bonus: Why did he pick the pen name Mark Twain? (30 Cool Points)

17 Responses to 9/21/10

Well…..because I am really cool I will take s stab at this one. His real name was Samuel Clemens. He chose the pen name because on the Mississippi River they would drop a piece of Twain into the water to find out what the depth was, and would Mark the rope at the water level. That way when they pulled the rope out they could know the depth by knowing different marks on the rope. Am I right am I right?

2. Megan says:

FRAN
    Black WOD as Rx’d – 4:56 PR Whoo Hoo!!

3. Jen says:

Black WOD but w/ red band pullups – 7:28
    First time using the red band. Used green band last time with a time of 7:24, so only added 4 seconds. I’m okay with that 🙂

4. Will says:

An hour later and I’m still recovering. Kill me now.

And I want one of those Fran shirts.

5. Angie says:

3:09 As Rx’d…so sad, no PR. DANG PULL UPS!!! I had 2 rounds done at 2:20…I should have had this but pull up rhythm was not gracious to me today. GRRRRR….

Awesome morning classes today and ALL were way under 9min.! Then we all worked 3-5 rounds of 25 DU’s and 10 Ab thingys (of your choice).

Yeah!! I get to take Meredith to piano in the rain!! Whoo hoo.

See you all Thursday morning!

6. Joey from CF Ames! says:

ANGIE 3:09!? My God, I cant help but comment and ask what your PR is haha Hows everything going for you guys? Place looks amazing, and cant wait to check it out first hand on saturday for FGB!

7. nathan says:

3:48 PR BY 22 SECONDS WHOOP WHOOP

same deal pullups rhythm was not with me. I think i am teaching kipping pull ups way to much which makes me want to kip in my wod instead of butterfly

8. Kamron Kielhorn says:

5:12. Shaved 1:38 off my last Fran.

It felt amazing to collapse on the ground afterwords.

“Fran”
    Black WOD as Rx’d – 2:59

10. Pingback: 1/29/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa

11. Great, great, great and – did I forget something? Oh, yeah: Great! thanks for sharing that with us. BTW: I’m typing this on my new iphone – cool…

12. Thank you for sharing your well-researched information. I appreciate the work you did and how you found a unique and interesting way to share your vast knowledge in this area.