9/16/10

“Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn”… Hotel WOD

Black WOD
100 DB hang clean & thruster (35/25)
*5 burpees each min on the min

Blue WOD
100 DB hang clean & thruster (25/15)
*5 burpees each min on the min

Grey WOD
100 DB hang clean & thruster (15/10)
*3 burpees each min on the min

White WOD
50 hang clean & thruster (10/5)
*3 burpees each min on the min

Cool Points Standings:
1. Bobby Noyce –140
2. Will O. –130
3. Lindsay Noyce –130
4. Jaime Maro – 85
5. Carolyn Grammers– 65
6. Justin Vaught – 45
7. Nate Christensen – 40
8. Andi Christenson – 25
9. Kam Kielhorn – 10
10. Angie Starmer – 10
11. Jim Noyce – 10
CQOD:   What is the name of the song that today’s WOD is named after? (45 cool points) Bonus: Who sings the song? (25 cool points)

22 Responses to 9/16/10

1. Jim Noyce says:

Hotel Room Service. Pitbull.

Rapper’s Delight. by Sugar Hill Gang.

• Jaime says:

Anyone else find it ironic that Justin got the song from before he was born and Dad the rap song from like 2 years ago 😉
      …points to both! (there goes the new lawyer questioning our honor system- haha)

3. Kamron Kielhorn says:

Rest day as Rx’d

Crushing it.

Blue/grey WOD -9:00 10lb. DB and 5 burpees (Sorry Justin but I REALLY like Lindsay’s idea of combining colors; I’m pretty sure I didn’t have it in me today to do the blue WOD as rx’d)

New Gym Record set this morning

500 Meter Row (Men’s Masters Division):
    1:41.7 (Jim Noyce)

Impressive

6. Katie says:

Navy WOD (I’m with Z- meshing WOD’s is perfectly fine!)– 20 lb DB: 10:48 (I think?)

Thanks for letting me join you guys this morning…Jaime, you are, as always, amazing. I have to admit: I thought you were either going to puke or die there at the end 🙂

“Hotel” Black WOD as Rxd – 14:48
    …(on my “rest day NOT rxd”)

Katie, I maybe should have listened to you and gone with the 20 lbs when you reminded me that the last time we did this I said it was the worst WOD I’d ever done before…30 reps in!! 🙂 Great work today – you kicked butt!!! That’s awesome we both did more weight AND beat our previous times!

VERY good job on the rowing, Dad!! I’m thinking that one might stand for a while…unless Bob is as good on the rower as he is on the bike…

How’s the elbow doing, Kate? Sounds a little like “tennis elbow” to me, but I’m no expert. Sometimes mine hurts/gets really sore from dips. I’m gonna ask our chiropractor about what u said and see what he thinks, I’ll let you know.

• Kate says:

Jaime,
      They are rocking currently. Not in a good way.
      I think they call it Golfers Elbow as it is on the inside of the elbow vs the outside….
      I did Linda today and that really aggrivated it.
      Do let me know what you find out. I am taking IB and that does take it away but I don’t want to rely on it.

• Will says:

You’re exactly right, Kate. They are both forms of tendonitis, an overuse injury. The only way it is going to get better is with rest. Keep taking the ibuprofen and start icing it to bring down the inflammation. Aggressive icing always makes my elbow feel better. And I don’t mean icing while listening to Slayer and hitting myself in the face, I mean twice a day! Put some ice cubes in a bag or break out those six month old frozen peas, put it inside of a thin shirt, and ice your arm for 10 minutes at least twice a day. Depending on which form of tendonitis you have, either pushups or pullups are probably going to hurt tomorrow. Consider subbing a different movement like GHDs or lightly weighted squats. (Use the vest for the squats and get cool points!)

8. Jen says:

Had planned for a rest day today, but decided to workout after my out of town meeting was canceled. Should have rested 🙂

I think I did the “Rainbow” WOD. A little bit of each color.
    50 reps with 20# DBs and 5 Burpees each minute – 12:00
    Tried a couple more minutes and got 8 more reps with 15# DBs and 10 more Burpees, but my body was done! Didn’t count those in my time. Did some upper body strength work (shoulder press & pull ups) after the WOD to lessen the guilt!

9. Jim Noyce says:

The new Facilities Tour pics are awesome; can’t wait for the video.

Since it’s catching on, it occurs to me that these combined levels might (or might not) need names. Jen suggested “Rainbow” when combining three or more. I thought about the “Civil War” WOD for Shelley’s Blue and Grey; and maybe the “Bruised” WOD for Lindsay’s Black and Blue. But, I was challenged to come up with a name for the grey and red workout combo, so how about “Get Real”, playing off the first letter of each. But then, that suggests that grey and blue should be “Get Better” so you can do Blue, and Black and Blue could be “Be Better” so you can do Black. The combinations are endless. In the end, if I didn’t do everything in Black, it’s Blue; if I didn’t do everything in Blue, it’s Grey; if I didn’t do everything in Grey, it’s Red. If I didn’t do everything in Red, then I’ll keep up the effort; because soon I will.

10. Angie says:

Finally have computer back!!!
    Did “Linda”…Blue I guess. 105# BP since BW is a goal of the future. DLs at 205#, and Cleans at 105# as well. Was so glad to PR and finish this insane thing; however, my time on the white board incorrect. Apparently I lost oxygen and can’t do math…I think it was more like 34 min vs. 31 min.

11. You have written a lot of useful and smart information for this article. I really enjoyed reading this obviously original content. The points you make through out your material are solid and they make sense.