9/14/10

Split Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Dave Lipson 340lbs, Jason Khalipa 335lbs, Eric Magee 325lbs, Rich Froning Jr. 317lbs, Chuck Carswell 308lbs, James Hobart 305lbs, Graham Holmberg 280lbs, Kristan Clever 215lbs, EvaClaire Synkowski 187lbs.

Post loads to comments.

THEN

Black WOD

Death by Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups

***In the 1st minute perform 1 Pull-Up…in the 2nd minute perform 2 Pull-Ups…in the 3rd minute perform 3 Pull-Ups……..Until you fail

Blue WOD

Death by Pull-Ups

Grey WOD

Death by Pull-Ups (with Band)

Cool Points Standings:
1. Bobby Noyce –140
2. Will O. –130
3. Lindsay Noyce –130
4. Jaime Maro – 85
5. Justin Vaught – 45
6. Nate Christensen – 40
7. Angie Starmer – 10
8. Jim Noyce – 10
CQOD:   What is the capital of South Dakota? (25 cool points)

22 Responses to 9/14/10

1. Andi says:

Pierre! Right???

2. Brian says:

205 Split Jerk! PR!

I’m terrible at anything overhead so I’ll take a PR any day!

Nine rounds on the pullups!

Split Jerk: 125-135-140-145-150-155-160 (New PR by 25# 🙂 )

Good job Angie…I’m gonna be honest, not sure I would have gotten 160 up if you hadn’t done it first – all mental 😉

Split Jerk Max: 215 (tied my PR), my hand hurt…my shoulder hurt…my back hurt…and I will think of a few more excuses why I am weak, just give me some time

Did Death by PUs last night: 1-10 C2B butterfly (then decided it would get ugly for my hands), 11-13 did normal butterfly (officially tore my hand open), 14-15 pretty much strict PUs (then quit becuz of the massive amount of blood “aka I’m a pansy”). Definitely wanna try that one again with some nice tape grips and normal butterfly PUs!

This morning did Death by HSPUs just to join in the fun: I believe I got through 8 rounds, maybe only 7 tho

Final Note, Jean you kicked butt on the split jerks, your form was very impressive for having just learned it! It is a very complex movement

5. angie says:

160# PR!! Thanks to you Jaime! Yours was much nicer than mine!!! Haha. Did yesterday’s wod…5 rds 20 kbs and 20 GD’s in 7:13. See you all Thursday am! Have a great day all!!

• Lindsay says:

I told you you would beat Bobby’s time for yesterday’s wod!! Crushed it. Good work 🙂

• Bobby says:

I did not see this so called “Crushing,” but I am going to argue that Angie used the shorter GHD and that I traveled an extra 6-10 inches on every rep, which would make the difference in times….haha just kidding, Awesome Job Angie!! The scarier thing is how much weight Angie and Jaime threw up today….gonna catch me soon 🙂

• Brian says:

I was really excited that I PRd by 25 pounds until Jaime and Angie put up 40 pounds less than I did! haha. Nice job girls thats amazing! Angie, I thought you were going to take out our first mirror!! haha

6. Kate says:

Elbow pain…………….
    anyone get this, on the inside where the elbow meets the bicep?
    I have been getting major inflamation pain there after rope climbs…. my hspu and dip practice may be contributing too. And of course golf is out…. 4 holes in today and had to quit.
    Anyone else get this? Remedies besides IB? I hate to get into that daily habit.

Split Jerk Max – 110
    First time getting a max, so PR 🙂

Split jerk max – 95 lbs. Tried 3 times at 100 but failed. Next time I’ll try not to do them so “prettily”, Angie. Then I’m sure I’ll make it into the three digits. Thanks for all your instruction. I think I’ve only tried split jerks one other time.

Death by pull ups: 14 (red band).Didn’t even attempt round 15…..Looking forward to flying solo one of these days.

Awesome push presses, Janet and Joanie! I think you’re ready for those split jerks.

9. Will says:

Split jerk -225lb PR

Need to focus on getting lower and getting there more quickly.

10. Angie says:

Brian, I”m still laughing!! I was just doing a little victory dance with the bar. 😉 My morning hair would be enough to break the mirror!!Hahaha. Bobby, you are killing me!! I have maybe 2 out of 8 WODs??..you have the rest. I”m getting used to the major crushing by you! Its fun though. I still have that burpee thing to make up..or do I admit that? hmmm. Lindsay scares me on that one!! You go girl!

11. Kamron Kielhorn says:

Split Jerk: 215
    Death by C2B: 12 rounds + two huge blisters

12. Pingback: 1/18/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa

13. Pingback: 3/10/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa