9/10/10

“MURPH”

murph180.jpg

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it ‘Body Armor.’ From here on it will be referred to as ‘Murph’ in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.

Black WOD – “MURCH”

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

***Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Blue WOD

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

Grey WOD

For time:
1/2 mile Run
50 Pull-ups (with Band)
100 Push-ups (release hands at bottom or from knees)
150 Squats

3. Lindsay Noyce – 95
4. Jaime Maro – 85
5. Justin Vaught – 45
6. Nate Christensen – 40
7. Angie Starmer – 10
8. Jim Noyce – 10
CQOD:  How many seconds are there in a day?  NO calculators or scratch paper!!!  (35 cool points)

Bobby Taking on the Again Faster WOD #1 from 9/8/10

15 Responses to 9/10/10

86,400. Murch?

2. Brian says:

Murch (murph with a vest) 53:47.
    Love the turnout this morning in the 5:30 class. Its a lot of fun when the class is that size and watching everyone push each other was awesome!!

thanks Bobby for making me look like I did that in slow motion! hahaha.

3. Kate says:

Saving this bad boy for tomorrow.
    Bench attempted 3-3-3-3-3 but only got 3-3-3-1 and none.
    95-100-105-110-attempt 110 and had to let is nicely fall on me.

10 min
    5 squat clean and press 95#
    10 Box jumps

7 min
    10 plank row alternating sides with 20# db’s
    10 squat jumps with 45# bar

Got through 5 rounds of each.

“Murph” as Rxd (Blue WOD): 40:19
    ..PR by more than 10 min from when I did in May 🙂 🙂 And I ran my first mile in 6:04 which is a PR – maybe I need to go try again sometime to finally break my 6:00 mile goal…maybe

Great way to start off a Friday with a hero WOD – Happy Friday!!! I still don’t know how Brian and Bobby did this with a weight vest, pushups are hard enough on their own – CRAZY!!

Black WOD “Murch” as Rx’d – 33:53, took Enrique out for a stroll, he was not kind.

Props to Bryant today, Murph as Rx’d on like his 7th CrossFit WOD, and he crushed it, AWESOMENESS!!!

6. Angie says:

Murph (no vest) 35:20..thankfully a new PR.
    Thanks for the push!! Wowza…I’m walking a lil funny today.

MURPH / blue wod. 49:00
    That was brutal. Especially push ups. Hello, rest day tomorrow!

8. nathan says:

Murch rx’d 52:10 ouch that one was brutal!!!!

9. Andi says:

BABY Murph (aka White WOD)

22:50

although I claim I had my own 30# weight vest on 😉

Ok since he didn’t post and I know he’s on his way to enjoy the festivities in Iowa city already, I’ll brag for him:
    Justin- MURCH Black WOD as Rxd- 40:38 (I think). KILLED it!! Very impressive!

I’ll give I credit for your own weight vest, Andi! Haha 😉

11. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith.

12. Pingback: 11/11/11 | CrossFit 515, CrossFit Des Moines, Clive, Iowa, Gym, Des Moines Fitness, CrossFit Iowa