8/25/10

Black WOD

Test 3
Tabata Squat

Max reps of Muscle-ups in 4 minutes

The Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 intervals. Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals. Begin time for muscle-ups immediately after the last 10 second rest interval. Test score equals Tabata score multiplied by number of muscle-ups completed.

Graham Holmberg 616 (22 x 28), Kristan Clever 575 (25 x 23), James Hobart 528 (22 x 24), Greg Amundson 525 (21 x 25), Heather Bergeron368 (23 x 16). Post score to comments.

Blue WOD

Tabata Squat
Max reps of 3 Pull-Ups and 3 Ring Dips in 4 minutes

Grey WOD

Tabata Squat
Max reps of 3 Pull-Ups (with band) and 3 Dips (Feet on ground, hands on box) in 4 minutes

“It’s not worth winning if you can’t win BIG!”

-30 cool points to the 1st person that can name the movie

12 Responses to 8/25/10

Got it – Mighty Ducks…apparently too easy if I could get it, haha 🙂

Okay, I can tell this is going to get Ooober competitive real quick already (ya I just said ooober, deal with it) so I am going to set a few ground rules.

1. New posts will be made between 7:30 – 8:30 pm central time
    2. Answers must be posted, not text to me
    3. Only one answer (guess) per day
    4. The question of the day can and will be about anything and everything
    5. I have complete control over ruling of points, as well as awarding them
    6. No searching the internet for the answer (honor system….this is gonna work well hahah)
    7. I will post the standings each day
    8. First person to 500 coolness points will win something really COOl

STANDINGS
    1. Jaime Maro – 30
    2. Justin Vaught – 20
    3. Jim Noyce – 10 (did not post, so you get half)
    4. Lindsay Noyce – 5 (I was impressed with the Team Pup’n Suds comment)

3. Angie S. says:

It was great meeting you all again yesterday!! Thanks so much for coming in!! You have a very nice group of people and I look forward to getting to know all of you better.
    Ahh…I would have never got that question!! LOL!

Blue WOD (with assisted ring dips) 180.5
    Tabata Squat 19. Pull ups 27, ring dips 30 = 9.5.

Good job Peter, Justin, & Bobby!!!

5. Janet Jennings says:

Grey Workout – 16 Tabata Squats
    152 points

Black WOD as Rx’d – 276 (23, 12)
    Spent way too much time messing around with hand wraps on MUs

7. Susan Katelman says:

Home version of grey WOD did 5 push-ups and 5 tabata squats total of 11 in 4 min.
    Janet, thnx for making me not feel all alone in the comment world.
    Jaime thnx for the text.

8. Kamron Kielhorn says:

Blueish WOD

Tabata Squat – 19
    Strict Pullups – 52

9. Justin Vaught says:

Forgot to post yesterday…
    Blue WOD
    Tabata Squat 20
    Kipping PU and Ring Dips 14 (42 PU and 42 Ring Dips)
    280

10. Will says:

21 squats
    18 muscle ups
    Score: 378

11. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this topic. I appreciate the information and the fresh point of view you have shared in your article.

12. Some writers make it difficult to understand the point they’re trying to get across. You, the other hand have made your points clear, concise and interesting. I’m glad I was able to read your content.