8/20/10

Black WOD

Three rounds for time of:
15 ft Rope Climb, 5 ascents
21 Ring dips
50 Squats

Peter Egyed 10:04, Pat Sherwood 12:04, Graham Holmberg 12:32, Elyse Umeda 13:27 (12ft rope, 7 ascents), Kristan Clever 18:19, Rebecca Voigt22:05. Post time to comments.

Blue WOD

Three rounds for time of:
30 Rope Pull-Ups or Ring Pull-Ups
21 Assisted Ring Dips (Use your feet on a box to help as little as needed)
50 Squats

Grey WOD

Three rounds for time:
15 Sumo Deadlift High-Pull (35 lb.)
20 Assisted Dips (Feet on ground in front of you and hands on a box behind you)
25 Squats

“The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows.”
Aristotle Onassis

13 Responses to 8/20/10

1. Brian says:

34:04 with 7 rope climbs. first five weren’t that bad then the grip went and that was the end of my climbing! Nice job Noyce on getting all 15.

• Bobby says:

I think you would have gotten at least 1 or 2 more if you didn’t have the actual fear of death from our set up haha. Rope going up to about 21 feet, rope starting about 4 feet off the ground, box 2 feet below the rope, rocks underneath the box, breaking in a new rope, and none of us are good at climbing rope….how could this not be a great idea hahaha

Black WOD as Rx’d – 27:08
    Definitely the “shady-est” thing I’ve ever done in crossfit, I think I now know a little bit (very little) how the guys at the games felt this year 🙂

Blue WOD 20:06.

And I did my Day 11 pull-ups and burpees. I made Justin take me to the garage last night after dinner with his parents so I wouldn’t miss Day 10 and did the pull-ups in a dress. Dedication.

“When the cats are away…the 515 CrossFitters will do rope climbs off the balcony :)” Haha
    I made it about 4 feet up the rope half a dozen times warming up before I decided that I did NOT want to die this morning! So…

Blue WOD w ring pullups: 16:21

Good job Bobby & Brian on actually getting up (and down) the rope safely!! Just another reason why everyone is excited for the gym to open, right?!?!

5. Justin Vaught says:

Blue WOD (Ring dips unassisted)
    21:33

6. Katie claeys says:

Its official: you have all gone off the deep end!!! 🙂 That looks terrifying!

• Brian says:

I still don’t see what the danger is everyone else is seeing. Those rocks weren’t that big and the more you used the rope the less slippery it was! hahaha.

• Bobby says:

Sounds to me like someone that is mad they couldn’t be as cool as us this morning Brian hahaha

7. Susan Katelman says:

Don’t EVEN think about introducing that rope climbing stunt to the Grey WOD!
    I am glad that you have a physician living next door to you.
    Didn’t make it in tdy, but am doing my home version of the WOD.
    and to think that Shelley is an innocent in St. Louis….

8. nate says:

why is it that everytime i take a few days off we do super fun shenanigans.

9. You are obviously quite devoted to writing quality content. It really shows in your great article content. Thank you for writing so much great content.

10. Gardening says:

I’ve done a lot of research and reading on this topic recently. Your article is the only one that makes sense. I’ll come back again.