8/18/10

In honor of Chief Petty Officer Nate Hardy, who was killed Sunday February 4th during combat operations in Iraq. Nate is survived by his wife, Mindi, and his infant son Parker.

Black WOD

Nate
Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
2 Muscle-ups
4 Handstand Push-ups
8 2-Pood Kettlebell swings

Mikko Salo 21 rounds, Graham Holmberg 19 rounds + 3 HSPU, Chris Spealler 15 rounds + 1 HSPU (with 20lb vest), Kristan Clever 15 rounds (2 pood KB), Rebecca Voigt 7 rounds (2 pood KB). Post rounds completed to comments.

Blue WOD

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
6 Pull-Ups and 6 Ring Dips (or MU progressions)
4 Kipping Handstand Push-ups or 4 Shoulder Press (1/2 BW)
8 1.5-Pood Kettlebell swings

Grey WOD

Complete as many rounds in twelve minutes as you can of:
6 Pull-Ups (with band) and 6 Push Ups
4 Shoulder Press (45 lb.)
8 1-Pood Kettlebell swings

“Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.”

William Ellery Channing
US abolitionist & clergyman (1780 – 1842)

14 Responses to 8/18/10

Black WOD “Nate” as Rx’d – 12 Rounds + 1 MU

HSPUs are the devil 🙂

Thank you Chief Petty Officer Nate Hardy

2. Brian says:

Black WOD “Nate” as Rxd – 4 rounds plus 2 HSPUs.

Man I am horrible at HSPUs. Nice work everyone!

Blue WOD (w pull-ups, ring dips & kipping HSPUs): 6 Rounds + 4 HSPUs
    Hero WODs are always great, and with a great reason behind doing them!!

4. Justin Vaught says:

Blue WOD, subbing 4 push press at 115 LB instead of the 1/2 BW Shoulder press. I weigh 175…Call it even?

Workouts like this get me even more excited for the opening of CF515! Gets tricky in the garage with 2 pullup bars and 4 people wanting to use them.

• Jaime says:

I call it even…but you didn’t put your score? I’ll assume 20 min then, haha 🙂

Agreed, as awesome as our garage gym is, it will be nice not to be tripping over and waiting for each other. We are SO excited to open!!!

Blueish-Grey WOD. 10 rounds + 2 ring pull ups.

Happy Birthday, Brian!!!!!!

6. Shelley Noyce says:

Grey WOD. 35lb push press

8 3/4 rounds (didn’t get the pull ups done the last round). It was a bit tricky trying to work in the pull ups around everyone else (especially since all of us needed to use a band so could only use one bar). Looking forward to your place and LOTS of space!

7. Shelley Noyce says:

And by the way, what a great picture Justin! I almost didn’t realize it was you (ha ha)

8. Susan Katelman says:

Grey WOD
    7 3/4 round Did the 35lb kettle bell and had a bit of help from Jaime at the end with the pull-ups!

• Jaime says:

I just have to say how impressed I was with Susan and Carolyn tonight! Both of you were swinging some serious weight around with the kettlebells, and with perfect form-I was such a proud coach 🙂 AWESOME job!!

• Carolyn Grammens says:

Grey WOD – 6.5 rounds.

Thanks Jaime!! I was happy with how things went! I hope to one day do an unassisted pull-up!

9. Kamron Kielhorn says: